2015 Movies Were Looking Forward To

Discussion in 'Movies' started by foxforcefive, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Summer movie season kicks off with Furious 7 in less than a month!

Here's what I'm looking forward to:

Get Hard 3/27

While We're Young 3/27

Furious 7 4/3

Ted 2 6/26

Magic Mike XXL 7/1

Trainwreck 7/17

Pixels (There will always be a spot in my heart for Adam Sandler and his mediocre movies.) 7/24

Irrational Man 7/24

Masterminds 8/7

Straight Outta Compton 8/14

Steve Jobs 10/9

Star Wars: The Force Awakens 12/18

The Revenant 12/25

Joy 12/25

There's also so many movies I just don't much about yet.

2. Avengers 2
    Mad Max
    Tomorrowland
    Inside Out
    Ant-Man
    Mission Impossible 5
    Fantastic Four
    Spectre (James Bond movie)
    Star Wars 7

3. You know how everyone was worried that Guardiands of the Galaxy wouldn't be good or make a lot of money because of its weird humor angle? And then the humor ended up connecting with people and it made 750 million worldwide? That's how I feel Ant-Man is going to be, only it won't connect. But I'll probably see it anyway...

4. You can't underestimate Marvel Studios these days. Their last six movies grossed over 640 m...each.

Plus Ant-Man comes out soon after Avengers 2. It will get a nice bump from the Avengers hype.

5. i happened to catch a clip of the mad max thing, looks cool.    I like the avengers, that should be awesome, just saw the new trailer the other morning.  havent seen anything about ant man.    i dont watch tv *proud*

i do believe i was reading about MI5, i love tom cruise (nh) so yes, do want that.  Ghost Protocol was fucking dope as fucking fuck.

terminator genisys, jurassic world, star wars.   

i had no idea another Fantastic 4 was coming.  I never saw the first two...

6. In terms of money you're probably right. Marvel will wring a hit out of any material. But will Ant-Man be a good blockbuster? My instinct is to say that a movie about Paul Rudd as a crime-fighting ant will be mediocre-to-good at best. But what do I know? Nobody envisioned Downey Jr. as Iron Man.

7. #7 bongtokes6200, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    isnt the new avatar movie coming out this year? gonn get reeeaaaallllyyy high and see that in IMAX like the first one. such fuckin beautiful cinematography and imax is the shit only movie besides the new starwars i would pay the 20+ bucks per person for it tho

edit- ooo the new jurassic park too, would be good shit in imax.

edit 2- oh shitt avatar 2 isnt out till 2017 :laughing: i don't know why i thought this year

8. Unfortunately Avatar 2 isn't until 2017! But then you only have to wait until 2018 for Avatar 3.

9. waaat. so i assume theyre shooting both at the same time then or something huh? thats awesome

10. Yeah, the same thing Peter Jackson did with Lord of the Rings.

11. #11 JetxLife86, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Ted 2

Mad Max

Straight Outta Compton looks BAD ASS!

12. Next Tarantino film The Hateful Eight is out this year. It's about bounty hunters :smoking:

13. Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

that's really the only movie I know of that I'm looking forward to. I'm sure some good independent films will come out this year but I usually don't know about them until they're out.

14. I feel embarrassed for having left out The Hateful Eight. I've been looking forward to it since it was announced last year.

15. The Divergent Series: Insurgent
    Entourage
    Poltergeist
    Home
    Child 44
    Terminator Genisys
    The Martian
    Scouts vs Zombies
    Goosebumps
    Hitman Agent 47

16. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhr8d1yxSP8

lol me too man[​IMG]

another couple that look good….

Black Mass, story of Boston gangster Whitey Bulgar

and also, In the Heart of the Sea. Based on this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essex_(whaleship)

18. #18 DaComeUpCat, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    I've heard a lot of good things about this movie and the ratings are stellar. I can definitely see this being a cult classic, can't wait to see this one! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkZYbOH0ujw

19. Spectre

i'll prolly never see it, but what a cool title

20. This looks really, really good. Apparently it's like a really well-made 80s horror movie.