South African Sun - Natural Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Chocolate Log, Mar 9, 2015.

1. #81 Chocolate Log, May 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015

<div style="font-size:12px;">The hazes like that are typically not cured and smoked,

Instead people use the plants to make "living hash"

That's where you go out once every few days to all your outdoor sativas and rub you hands up and down the plants collecting hash on your fingers and hands. They take a knife and scrape this hash off their fingers and roll it into balls or intertwine it.

A huge ball sells for pretty cheap in places like Afghanistan.

Don't be surprised fs those 10 grams take 6 months to fully cure. They're resin plants grown for resin and not so much herb.

Very nice job! I knew you had a banana in there somewhere [​IMG]
    ~ poke

</div> 

Hey Poke,

Could you please elaborate on why it would take so long to cure and why it is not generally smoked?

My first harvest has been curing for about two weeks now and it feels nice and dry, with just the right amount of moisture on the inside of the buds. When I crack that jar open, I'm blown back by the pungency of the aroma... It almost leaves a vodka sort of taste/smell at the back of my palate. 

And my most recent harvest, the smaller plant, has more of a lemony/pepperminty smell. The buds are also far denser. Which means I got two different genomes out of one bag of skunk seeds.

I also found four banana seeds which will be femanized. So I can keep growing females for ever and onward and still get good quality bud (well in my town it is).

Appreciate it, as always. Keep well.

cнσcσℓαтε ℓσg

2. Thanks mate. Unfortunately that is the last of my harvest. Thanks to your's and Poke's knowledge and input. I have successfully completed my first, albeit, measly harvest. I'm going to enjoy it slowly until late spring and then back to the dirt I go.

I'm mainly going to using this bud for edibles, as when ingested THC-COOH is released more efficiently from the body than when smoked, and I have a good job lined up and I DO NOT want to screw it up. But I'll let you know how that goes [​IMG]

Have a good one.

cнσcσℓαтε ℓσg 

3. #83 PlaidBeeSmokin', May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    opps, wrong post[​IMG]

4. Also really stoked you're doing some reading!  

You might like this.  

View attachment 157120

It's the synthesis reaction tree.  Ger. Pyrophos. + Olivetolic acid = CBG(A) or cannabigerolic acid, from which all other cannabinoids are derived from.  Which cannabinoids precisely depends upon the amount of each cannabinoids' "Synthase" present in the plant.  For example, CBG(A) + THC-Synthase = THC(A).  The amount of synthase is governed by genetics.  Really sweet stuff!

Plaid