HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ktcmojo, Mar 9, 2015.

1. All I have used is the soil I bought when I started-the day i started........I WAS GREEN AS A POOL TABLE-I knew NOTHING
    As I go along Im learning things I SHOULD have done...........there is ONE plant in particular that is small but looks great
    Those arent the best pictures in the world........
    And-when I started, I didnt fill the buckets up with soil-I left room for when the skinny little plants came up, there would be room for me to put more dirt around them to stabilize them

I'm curious,
    Is that 100 watt equivalent or actual? For instance, on CFL's, 100 watt equivelant = 23 actual watts. That's how they get ya, the equivalent nonsense is referring to incandescent lights that use more wattage, but way less efficient. 

If you haven't already I would check this out:

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122824-kamels-cfl-guide.html 

3. #43 killset, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    so there actual draw is probably only around 50 watts. Are they by chance the cheap ones you screw into regular light sockets? Or possibly cheap Chinese led grow lights? If so they're very weak and pretty much useless and might be a lot of your problem. You would have better luck with some cheap CFLs in the correct spectrum.

4. I'd want mine to be at least 9" from the soil to the top of the plant. Something maybe like this pic.

Attached Files:

5. They are round LED lights made in USA-it wasnt cheap but not as much as I COULD spend if I had the money
    I need to start saving for the next time around!!  But IM NOT GONNA GIVE UP ON THESE!!!

6. Im gonna get one of those things that holds 4 bulbs and put that in tomorrow

Wont be the most expensive lights but it will be a LOT of light!

7. Not trying to get you to give up man, just trying to figure out what you're working with. A lot of light and the right kind of light is 2 separate things....good luck man

8. I was blown away by the first person trying to tell you to flower with those little sprouts from the first page. I skipped every fucking post from then on and recommend disregarding quite a bit of it yourself.

There's plenty of resources such as guides within the forums. Take some time and look through some of the posts that are pinned up top.

Trust me. Do that and you'll get somewhere.

9. Ill get all the specs on the lights and post em in the morning-time for me to hit the sack
    THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

10. #50 StayLowGrows, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
  11. I dont see anything pinned at the top............sorry to be dumb-i see some topics at the BOTTOM..........

12. OK I stayed up-
    2 100 watt LED @10K lumens  5k Kelvin
    4 60 watt daylight deluxe @13 watts 6500 Kelvin

13. Anytime you have a sudden change in the atmosphere of your plants, lighting included (especially when transferring from indoors to outdoors), you will shock your plants unless you are subtle with the transfer. Shock in the early stages of flowering can cause hermaphrodites. If you are looking into moving your plants from indoors(artificial light) to outdoors(the sun), I recommend giving your plants time to adjust. Don't flower your crop yet until it looks healthy, you're gonna end up with junky junk. I think you should start leaving your plant in the sunlight for one hour each light cycle and see if your plant is affected either negative or positive or both. If your plant responds positively, do not up and put your plant in full sunlight, increase that hour to two hours once that plant has been outside atleast twice for an hour before. It might be complicated sounding but you have to treat your plants like you would treat yourself, how would you like it if someone kept you in the house all your life then suddenly put you in the sun permanently? It'd suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Also KTC, do you have a smartphone? If so I'd invest in one of the many free lux meter apps. I have one specifically called "Luxmeter" and it has worked well with me planning my grow box out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. That's a good control test.

16. FYI. Bringing the plant in and out everyday may also bring in pests you do not want in your house. BTW, didn't you pull up these plants and get rid of everything??