HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ktcmojo, Mar 9, 2015.

1. what lights are you using? At the very minimum CFLs will work, but you need enough wattage and the right spectrum. Do you know what your working with or did you just grab something? Its still savable, but not if your using inadequate lighting and continue to do so.

2. Be positive dude get the lights you did learn the hard way already no reason that plant won't florish imo

3. I wasnt positive about lights, no-I got CFL trying to keep the cost low-
    I just put another light next to the one I have on them now so Im gonna take the earlier advice and just step away from them for a week and then try 12/12 to get them to start flowering (IF that sounds like it might work)
    And thank you guys SO MUCH for helping me with this!!

4. #24 killset, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    OK so you have a cfl....that's a start but there's alot of different CFLs. You need at least 100 actual watts, not equivalent watts. What's your actual watts? How far away from the plant is it? 2-3 inches is good for CFLs. As far as kelvin ratings you want 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower. Do you know any of this information? It should of been on the package they came with. If you don't know what your working with you really need to find out, you may be wasting your time until you figure something out. What's the 2nd light you put on it? If its just a regular bulb, your pretty much pissing in the wind.

5. Honestly ktcmojo, I would cut my losses and read for days about how to grow medicinal marijuana before ever growing again. Not bashing you but it's been two years since I've started studying how to grow and I've still yet to have a grow under my belt. Although money has played a huge factor in that.

6. give it as long as it needs to recover let it grow a bit the returns will well be worth it don't rush it quality plants are bountiful, you won't get shit off that in a week dude

7. he'll know more about it in a month than you buddy, no offense but growing is growing

8. NO!-  I meant I would give it a week like someone mentioned, THEN go to 12/12 for the lights
    And cyr-I appreciate the concern but I am NOT gonna just rip em out of the bucket and say I failed...........sorry, and no offense to you
    Im NOT gonna READ for 2 yrs then try to grow something................
    And to everyone who keeps helping-THANK YOU-it means a lot and helps even more!

9. I'm sorry i came across wrong there but yes I was saying you shouldn't do 12/12 then, veg is the preparation buds are the fruit of your labour that plant is not ready yet mate

10. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh OK!!  I didnt think they looked anywhere ready yet!!  Is there a certain size I should look for, or what will tell me NOW is the time to try to make them flower?
    This is helping SO much-you have no idea

11. You'll have a good idea yourself when it starts taking off, top it side branching and shit tie it down if ya like you wouldn't recognise what you'll have compared to where your at now

12. #32 killset, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    So I take it you don't know what size cfl or what the kelvin rating is? The reason its being suggested not to flower is because its so small. Until you get your lights straightened out your going to stay in the same boat. Even if you get it too a size worth flowering, your current light setup isn't going to work and is going to produce airy crappy buds. More light of the right spectrum or you're wasting your time.

13. Man, if you still have those babies there's a chance they're going to turn right around and pimp slap the fuck damn shit out of your ceiling.

Used to have one plant that almost died, grew back as a 12 foot monster. But then again that was outside sativa.

14. The light is an LED 100 watt light and I just put another one up there-
    As far as Kelvins, spectrums and all that..............no i dont have a clue

15. #35 cyr-grow, Mar 10, 2015
    I understand that. Just because I haven't had hands on experience doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. And I doubt he'll know more then me by just going through one veg cycle, buddy.

I'm not gonna rip into the guy on his op. He has many things he needs to read up on before putting a seed in soil then going on a forum and asking questions. Which seems a lot of people do. You're not gonna go be an electrician without studying what the fuck you're doing. Am I right?

16. WOAH GUYS!!!!   PLEASE dont get in an argument over ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Im sure both of you are capable at what you do-I never doubted that-this is the first time I have grown anything inside
    30 yrs ago i used to just toss seeds in the dirt and grew some AMAZING plants but this indoor stuff has me BAFFLED
    I dont live out in the woods anymore!!

17. oh here you said cfl....that's why I was asking about CFLs...what size led do you have?

18. I had one 100 watt on it and tonight put another one on it to see if that will help-
    2 buckets and 2 plants that look like they are going somewhere

19. #39 potactivistofthesouth, Mar 10, 2015
    Hmm I looked at your first picture a thin white layer over a portion of your leaves, you cant see this in the other two pictures quite as well I'm guessing from the amount of light you captured in your picture. But could this be residue from the evaporating water on your plants? I know if there is any kind of residue regardless of what is it can inhibit the function of the leaves to use light. I don't think your light sorce is the problem, the chlorophyll in your leaves seem healthy. Since its currently in veg what nutes are you giving it? (If you already stated in the topic I havent read it yet and I will once I finish my reply) Also what soil? PH can play a factor, or possibly something as a deficiency because I see purple stems (this does not necessarily mean anything bad, but it could be a sign.)
    Just my observations man, peace :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Got a question-WHEN its time to cut the lights down..........would it be beneficial-or better-to put the plants in direct sunlight instead of using ANY artificial light at all?  I DO have a spot upstairs where I can put the plants and somebody would have to be 20 feet up in the air with binoculars to see inside the room
    OR................should I start using natural light NOW????????