HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ktcmojo, Mar 9, 2015.

1. I am about 6-7 weeks in and these things are PUNY.............no signs of flowering at all-
    Im on a LOW BUDGET and doing the best I can-Ive had the lights on 24 hrs
    I am lost and sure could use some help!
    Thanks!! SIX WEEKS 1.jpg SIX WEEKS 4.jpg SIX WEEKS 2.JPG

2. What's the light situation?

3. #3 stellaandstout, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    . Hello if you are trying to flower you should only have the light on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours for the photo period.

4. Thanks stellaandstout!  You think they are big enough to start that now?

cyr-grow I only have 1 100 watt light on em

5. It all depends how much room you have and the light you are using. Imo I would wait until they are a little bigger then switch them to 12/12.

6. #6 killset, Mar 9, 2015
    What's your plan for light when you do flower? What have you been using for light in veg? CFLs? Kelvin? Whats the actual Watts, not equivalent? How far away have the lights been? Since you don't have enough light for veg, I'm guessing you don't have what's needed for flower. The lights you been using aren't going to cut it, they're hardly supporting veg. Its not going to yield much if you flower now. Might want to get your problems fixed first before flower. Low budget or not. Its a waste of budget if you only end up with a couple grams of who knows what kind of quality smoke.

7. #7 cyr-grow, Mar 9, 2015
    Ktcmojo..... ^^^^^^^ this

No, they are no where near ready to be put into flower. They could come back, depending on what you do for the girls, (more lighting mainly) but I'm no expert nor do I have any growing experience. Just a lot of reading the past couple years.

8. Even a single 23 watt blue cfl would veg bigger than that after 7 weeks... Theres some other underlying issue(s) here.

9. #9 howando, Mar 9, 2015
    Is that 1x 100w equivalent CFL (about 25 actual watts)?

Plants use energy from the light to covert water and carbon dioxide into the building blocks of plants.  The limiting factor in your grow is definitely light energy, and that is why it is growing so slowly.
    Looks like it has been over watered too, from the colour of the leaves and stem. It probably needs little more than a few oz a week, I wouldn't be surprised.

I recommend you get at least one more bulb of the same type, the electricity cost of bulbs of that wattage (about 25w) are less than $0.10 per day each.  The whole flowering period (approx 10 weeks of 12 hours) would cost about $4 per bulb.

A whole grow using two bulbs, 10 weeks veg (because of the slow growth) and 10 weeks flowering, works out around $20 total, but the yield is only going to be a few grams maybe 1-3g. Your weed is something like $10+ per gram before you include soil and pots,

A whole grow using four bulbs, so more like 100w total, from my own experience could yield 10+g from the same grow time especially with a little LST.  It costs twice as much electricity ($40 spread over 4 months), but now it's more like $4 per gram for your weed.

Prick out those growing weeds, you don't want them competing with your plant.

All I can see is the inside edge of the pot which means you haven't even come close to filling it. Overall I think you're pushing this grow a bit hard on the low-budget low-key aspect, and it is suffering.

10. Thank you-
    Looks like I might have hosed this one..........Maybe I need to wait until I can get some more stuff and try again
    I appreciate the info!  I AM learning.............hope i didnt completely blow this first one

11. They can be surprisingly resilient!  Leave the light on and just ignore it for a week.

12. What is your light source?

13. If its not an auto go out a get the biggest light set up you can some hid preferred the top is healthy just a really light starved plant, grow that Lil bitch up😉

14. Didnt see that. Is it a CFL or a Incandesent? How close is it?

15. Thanks guys!!!  Ill go get some more lights-all i can afford and try to boost that little girl up

16. cyr-grow-CFL and about 6 inches from the plants

17. #17 cyr-grow, Mar 9, 2015
    You just need more light (wattage) for her to grow bigger. Are they autos or photos? If they're photos you still have a chance of growing a good plant. Will take a while to get her in good condition and growing strong. If it's an auto and your on week 2 going into week 3, you might as well cut your losses. Autos are flowering at 2.5-3 weeks usually.

If I'm incorrect, please someone with experience jump in. (Goldgrower, Loki, greenthumb to name a few) I don't want misinformation going around. And that's with any thread I post in.

No hands on experience. Just have read a lot on here in the past two years.

I highly suggest reading as much as you can before your next go around. Many many people on here are not ready to grow marijuana. It's not where you throw a seed in some soil under a light and it grows. There is A LOT more to growing this amazingly beautiful plant and getting good quality medicine out of her.

18. Here's a pic of one of my auto white widows. It's at 18 days old as of today. Using organic soil along with a 600w MH bulb. These are in 5 gallon Smart Pots. 
    If yours are really at 6-7 weeks, you've got something very messed up.

Attached Files:

19. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Very nice.............yeah obviously I have screwed something
    Thats why Im here!  To learn how to do this right and I might learn the hard way  :(

20. #20 RedganjaDown, Mar 9, 2015
    Get a 600w HID light with HPS/MH bulbs included. eBay has great deals on the whole kit; reflector, ballast, bulbs and hangers for the reflector hood.