How different would the world be if marijuana was discovered today?

Discussion in 'General' started by StayLitClub, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Let's say we never knew about marijuana till today. We had no idea if it was good or bad for you. 

I feel like a lot of people, in many countries would see it as almost magical. It has tons of medicinal properties with minimal negative effects. 

The government or whoever discovered it would probably try to keep it hidden. Once the word got out, everyone would wanna try this awesome, new plant. 

2. #2 ABCBD, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    Fuck so many scenarios in my head right now I can't even explain so I will just type this 

In a way, it is being re-discovered after years and years of propaganda 

3. Maybe history will just repeat itself

4. It would be the same. People in general are scared of what they don't know, so we'd be starting over in an effort to erase the negative stigma. 

5. Who knows, could have been a disaster  :confused_2:

Yeah, I agree. But, I feel like if it was discovered today, it would be a lot easier to spread the truth and stop the stigma from sticking. The reason is stuck all these years is cause of lack of information. Now, you can just google search it, and find out everything that's available.

7. I see where you are coming from. However, we'd be stuck at square one and wouldn't know anything about it yet. One we started to "rediscover" the benefits it would be easier to spread information. However, the flip side is also true and those against manipulating consciousness would also be able to spread their falsehoods easier. 

8. I think we would be eating it through edibles/pills if we discovered MJ today. 

Big pharma companies will try to keep the healing properties hidden.

Cheech and Chong will be a series of movies of two dudes trippin on acid.

And instead of hip hop taking over the 90s, it would have been techno trance and Snoop Dogg wouldn't be rolling in money.