Michganmans Garden of Weeden

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Mar 9, 2015.

1. That is strange! Did you ammend the soilmix with compost or manure or anything? Maybe a clump that didn't get broken up? That's about the only thing I can think of!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

2. Its peat, perlite, vermiculite, lime and worm castings. I've watered about every other day and twice so far with molasses. I've had a lot of my seedlings shrivel up and die at the point between breaking the soil and shedding the seed casing off the first set of leaves. It's so incredibly dry in the basement where my tent is and I think this May be causing some issues. Although once they take root and start growing they're pretty much perfect.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1360849-Michganman%27s-Garden-of-Weeden

3. Maybe a clump of lime made it into the cup?

4. Yea, nothing else really makes sense! They all get the same light, temp, water and humidity, so it musta been sumthing in that cup, or maybe just a mutated strain. Should pull through as it grows up!

5. Finally these more mature plants are sexed and I can move them to another room and flipped back to 18-6 veg cycle. 100% female like I was hoping. They Definitely need a transplant. I have 1 gal grow bags already so I think I'll use those for a few weeks. I'm going to mix in a little bit more worm castings and some high N guano in the soil for these girls. Need to let the newer seeds stay in the 12/12 for awhile longer. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428439096.169693.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428439111.402578.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428439122.819774.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428439133.920018.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1360849-Michganman%27s-Garden-of-Weeden

6. I use a similar promix. I'm guessing its very similar but different packaging for different countries. I use they're organic vegetable and container mix. I also have a similar 4cu.ft sack of perlite! Lol

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

Yeah, I used that pro-mix last year but only with my tomatoes and peppers not my ganj (because I ran out). I liked the stuff. I assume it would work just as well with bud grows as it did with my nightshades.

8. Well...damn....last night I got some very shitty news. The original spot I planned on growing at has been compromised and is no longer available. The property was one of my good friends family's and it was supposed to be vacant the entire summer. Now, apparently, his family plans on being there this summer. He said we could still grow there just not on the scale we were planning.
    Fuck that. I'm so disappointed. But I guess there is a silver lining. I have another spot. The same place I did a bunch of plants last year. I'm not gonna let this little bit of a speed bump ruin my season. I'm planning on doing the same size grow as I originally planned, except I'm going it alone. That's the way I prefer it anyway. I hate counting on other people.
    So this morning at 8am I started getting my garden ready from last year. I added about another 20 feet length and 10-15 foot width. I built up my wall of natural vegetation. It's going to be difficult to hide something if this scale at this location and I'm taking a major risk...but that's never stopped me before. Here's a few pics of the site taken this morning. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428851335.958690.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428851351.757772.jpg
    Here's a view from 10 feet outside the garden, it's very well camoflauged ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428851461.107476.jpg
    From 30 feet away.. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428851508.541537.jpg

9. I would estimate the total area of the garden now at approximately 40yards by 20 yards? It's bigger than it looks in the pics. I figure I can fit roughly 60-70 medium sized plants here. The rest I plan on placing throughout the woods in a swampy area about 500 yards away. Also i would like to do a 10x10 scrog type garden right in my back yard.

10. #34 buzzland5, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2015
    Sorry to hear about the location change. Gotta hate it when you get a curveball like that. Outdoors alone is much better anyways. When I have grown outdoors with others I always keep my own personal plants as well. That way issues like you had last year with your father in law, (I read about the synthetics he doused um with from an old post of yours.) don't stop me dead in my tracks. Hopefully the risk is worth the reward at this location and nothing goes awry. You doing a swamp grow too? I am thinking about doing a small side one as well. We'll see. I have some locations, but I will be checking them all tomorrow to see what I am feeling. I keep a few in my yard, but can't have too many because you can see them from the harbor where numerous Lobstermen haul their traps come shedder season (july/august). Bummer the back of my house sits in the shade because that is out of view from the water. I have no where near as many plants as you though. I'll maybe have ten that I actually keep by the end of it, so I don't tend to worry too much about it. 

11. thanks man, appreciate the kind words. I'm disappointed but it's whatever I guess. I work best alone anyway. My disappointment is slowly turning to excitement though. Where are you from man? That's cool you're on the ocean. You should try Collecting some seaweed one day and drying it out and mixing it in your soil, or brewing a tea with it. I remember reading some where it's very beneficial. Also if I were you I would be hitting up those lobster men and getting some fresh lobster lol

12. I got my plants re-potted into 1 gal grow bags last night. I still have 17 more to re-pot. They were so root bound. I also found a couple that had some root rot. After culling many many plants due to various reasons I have a grand total of 48 healthy female plants left. I moved them out of the tent I had them in and put them under a 400w. Now my tent is free to fill again with more seed plants. Also soon I'm getting some clones from my local compassion club. Not quite sure on the strains yet but I'll let you guys know when I see what's available. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428943321.417591.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428943335.883986.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1428943450.317099.jpg

13. #37 buzzland5, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
    Pretend this post doesn't exist. Like the government and global warming.

14. #38 buzzland5, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2015
     I love living on the water. I just buried a bucket of muscles this morning in the corner of the garden to mix in next month. I typically just make my own kelp meal/mixed seaweed meal instead of buying it. I also have come across a tea thread for foliar sprays and whatnot. I have been thinking about it. I don't have a pump, and I am the type of freak who likes to buy nothing new or that has to be shipped. If I stumble upon one from an old fish tank then you can be sure that I will be making some killer seaweed teas. This is my first year having more than three plants, so I am experimenting in all kind of ways. I am currently making an EM1 solution that I am super excited about.  People use it for bokashi, but it can also be used in foliar and soil drench. Super excited about it. Lobster is a diet staple over the summer months in these parts. When they shed their exoskeleton they become nice and sweet. Not sure if you have ever had a tough lobster, but they suck. I am extremely spoiled though, typically in July/August lobster is cheaper than hotdogs or hamburger by the pound. To get completely off topic I had this girlfriend a few years back who would eat at least one lobster a day all summer. I thought it was disgusting, but she was smoking hot. We would have an hour lunch break and I would have a buddy drop a lobster by the docks, then cruise over to her house with a J to cook the bugger. That routine would take about a half hour total leaving at least twenty minutes for a quickie. Anyways, your plants look great as expected. Keep it up buddy.

15. #39 michganman, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2015
    Man, I wish I had the access to organic sea amendments like you do. I did discover a place where people can dump plant material, and people come and make free compost out of it. I plan on utilizing that. Other than that I'm fairly limited to bagged pre packaged garbage. I need to start my own stuff but I'm just too damn busy with work and family shit.

16. sucks about the spot man, followed your journal last year. Hopin for the best, just getting into the 60s here myself