Michganmans Garden of Weeden

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Hey! Just a heads up! Not treating your plant may cause problems. In some cases it can establish the very plant you are trying to protect as the closest food source for the pests your trying to eradicate and draw them to it. I know some organic veggie and herb growers that use a sacrificial plant that never gets IPM while everything else does. All this accomplishes is draws any resistant bugs to the least defended plant where they then periodically use DE as it kills pretty much all crawlers that touch it regardless of biological resistance as it is really a physical killer as opposed to neurological chemicals or biological agent so its almost always effective. Trouble is wind and rain which blows DE away and dissolves it. Anyways, kinda ranting a bit. Basically just make sure the pests arn't finding your untreated plant!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

2. i have not a single plant in the garden yet :( they are all strewn across my backyard in various spots and my clones are still inside along with my seed plants. I'm soooo far behind it's kinda embarrassing. I just now finally filled my last bag and got all my remaining soil mixed. Now I just have to fill the remaining 1/3 of all the 80 bags and transplant. I did end up chucking out some more DE in addition to the captain jacks tho. I found a half bag of it hidden in the woods from last year. I usually don't have many bug problems...just slugs. I try to be very very lenient with insecticides, even organic ones. I don't spray unless I start seeing significant damage from something. I feel like for me, it's better this way because every bug we encounter has a predator that eats it, and if we spray a lot it will throw off the natural Eco system in the garden. When everything is healthy it usually will stay in balance and no specific insect group will dominate causing too much damage. Just my thoughts

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1360849-Michganman%27s-Garden-of-Weeden

3. I thought you had them out already, but don't feel bad mine arnt out yet either! If your plots are empty then obviously my concern wasn't warranted! I'm pretty conservative with my pesticide use as well. Only organic and with the exception of slug bait everything is applied directly to the plant or within a 1 ft radius. I use neem regularly as well as DE as my general IPM. If I notice any major damage Safer Trounce comes out, and only if PM appears will I use an organic fungicide. I will also incorporate a few ACT foilars in veg this year I think. Supposed to help dominate the PM if they try and colonise. I also have a silicate and aloe that I can foilar spray with as well. With slug bait I concentrate it at least foot or more away from my plant as it is an attractant as well and only a few bits directly on the soil plants soil.

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

4. Hope come you don't use been oil in. Flower? Just curious. I echoed down 3 days early as my one. Started showing PM and a decent amount of it. Never seen any of it till day 50.

5. Neem oil has the potential to persist within the buds contaminating the bud. Because its hydrophobic a growing bud that has neem applied could potentially grow fast enough to conceal neem treated areas within the bud between calayxs that would be well protected by the plant material and trichomes which would also protect the neem oil residue left from the spray. I usually drop all directly applied IPM about mid-late august or within 2 weeks of flower initiating. After this point I apply only slug bait to the surrounding area as well as DE to the soil and create a bit of a perimeter with it.

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

6. I see. Last year I had no problem with bugs only one plant and only one time. It was a borer and it only affected in limb and it was a low limb I could have cut off. I sprayed once a week with neem oil. Gt anything for PM during later staves of flowering? Like I said I chopped mine early by about a week because I didn't want PM all over. (Indoor grow)

7. I've had poison ivy a good 7-9times now. Always at my ankles. My best defense is my hiking boots. They are high top boots and I always wear tube socks and jeans. Just like when I go hiking my boots and socks come off at the car.

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

8. im thinking I need to undress outside and not touch the outside of my clothes with anything. Right now I have it on almost every extremity of my body, although it's just a little on each ankle and both of my hands and arms. Thank god there's no penis poison ivy on me yet...this time...been there before tho lol.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1360849-Michganman%27s-Garden-of-Weeden

9. #193 michganman, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  10. Any idea what up with this seedling its 28 days old. New growth is looking good but the bottom set of leaves is curling/flipping over and yellowing can't figure it out. As soon as she's big enough she's getting transplanted into the ground in a pre made organic 20g hole.

Attached Files:

11. whats all in the soil?

12. #196 AnonymousBuds, Jun 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2015
    Right now it is in a 2g with a mix of bone & blood meal, worm castings, peat moss, per light, natural soil.
    But as I said its not I'm the soil yet.

13. Soil is slightly.different from the potting mix I have her in

14. Everyday she's looking worse. Checked soil ph , good. Idk just gonna scrap it up. Plant it in the yard if it grows it grows I guess.

15. huh....it's hard to say man. I thought ph at first but didn't want to give bad advice so I kept my mouth shut. I've had a couple plants freak out like that this year too. Same exact soil as the others and the others look fine. Maybe just put it in the ground and forget about it. I found a plant growing in my back yard a couple years ago from a seed I just tossed out while rolling a J. It only got 6 inches tall lol but it was some smooth smooth smoke.

16. Yeah this afternoon I'm transplanting her. I think it might be over watered in this small 2g. Getting root rot maybe. But I'll find out later I suppose. I'll try and get a pic too.
    Your garden seems to be coming along now. Its been very foggy and humid near me.