Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ground Weed Vs. Regular Nugs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Algore, Mar 9, 2015.

1. If it's a bong I grind it. Bowls I just jam a piece in there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Lol are we really debating this. 

If you just put a nug in a bowl not all of the smoke from the nug is getting inhaled because of shitty airflow. 

3. #23 GanjaManiak, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    I use to like grinding my herb completely but I mix and match buds and ground herb, I never packed nugs till I started smoking with my friend who only packed broken nugs with a little shake. Just depends on how long I feel like smoking, how dank it is, if I'm smoking from a bong, bowl, or jay. If you ever need a screen and can't find one just use a plug nug just bigger than the bowl and pack it normally.

Live long and smoke ganja

4. Ooookay? I've never had any such noticeable problems. Even if it does happen it is an extremely minimal amount of smoke, and I've seen people take dabs and just leave the bong half full of smoke so I know what wastefulness is. Plus I always break up my nugs into the various pieces to load up a bowl with better airflow since my bong has like the perfect draw power. People have preferences, one way isn't better in all ways than the other.

This is a better debate than I'd expected

5. I don't understand at all how just grinding it degrades flavor.. when you chop an apple it tastes the same. im confused on your viewpoint. :confused: If i just load nugs into a bowl, the cores of the little nugs are still green and the outsides are black and ashy. That is wasteful.

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship

6. I have two grinders. One grinds fine, which I use for j's and vaporizing. The other grinds as if I was breaking the bud up with my fingers, so I use that for glass pieces. 

7. grind that bitch

8. oh.. i thought you straight up put a whole nug in a bowl lol

9. Always grind my weed a full grinder is a beautiful sight

10. Blunts and joints when you just break it up, but not grind it, they are the best.

11. It's the way that weed combusts. When I grind weed and smoke it, the ember spreads so fast over the green and then you're still hitting the original spot you lit so you're just hitting cashed parts of the bowl while you're hitting new weed so you're not really getting proper greens in one hit. That's why I break apart nugs into bits and load it, and stir the bowl when it needs it. Weed just combusts to rapidly when it's in a powder, good for getting baked but bad for taste.

12. Fuck I'd rather stick a tree in that mofo than smoke powder. Any one who's every started a camp fire knows that airflow works better in a teepee skeleton than trying to pour gas on grass. Shit stays lit for me. Look at forest fires trees go up quicker than grass. Its natural.

13. high quality pipe tobacco is cut into nug shapes. Which reminds me I need a kief box/humidifier

14. Always ground, it gets much better hits. When I'm alone I just fill snaps in my bong anyway, so it's no like I'm gonna be putting 0.2 nugs in my bong.

15. Break it up people, break it up... With your fingers. Touch has sensation too and your fingertips notice. For females that care, better than nail polish and healthier too.

16. Maybe you're doing something wrong? I've packed fat bowls and passed it around for 10 (or at least 9) hits. Not sure what you're doing but I've never even done a one hitter in my bong, it always takes me a while to finish it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Yea, you'll finish a bowl quicker and youll get those yellow milky hits. But that's because your burning more surface area of weed than if you broke it apart. When you just break it apart, sure, it'll last longer and look all burnt up. But the inside of those broken up pieces are still green. I always grind my weed because it's more efficient.

18. There is no better way to smoke your bud . Its all preference. Grinding gives you more surface area to burn , but its always a lot harsher on my throat so i don't grind my bud. I only grind my bud if i'm putting it in a joint , other than that i like breaking up my bud into small BB like sized nugs. 

19. great idea I'm going to try this also

20. I like the Cannador for humidity. It really made a difference.