Issues with first grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Knockoutplanting, Mar 9, 2015.

1. If i was in your shoes id start over.

If you value the strains focus on cloning.

The fish food can be fed to trees in your yard, same as i fed mine after learning of the same issue,

You cant clone the autoflowers. They dont look healthy at all. None of the plants do. Its very unfortunate.

The methods ive mentioned above can be used to grow from beginning to end and are very cheap to buy, beyond kelp.

I personally wouldnt smoke plants grown in fish ferilizer soil. Fish hydroslyte is a different story and perfectly fine. Id dump that soil into the vegetable garden.

With castings and true organics you can use the same bag of soil indefinitely.

Its not about can they be saved at this point. Easily they could, but the risk of ingesting any mercury at all would bother me a great deal.

And i find it very odd that your ph is normal when the plants are showing multiple deficiencies. Very bizarre indeed.

And kudos for proper ph testing methods. My next question is have you tested to make sure your ph meter is properly calibrated or are you using strips?
    ~ poke

2. The fish fertilzer I have says its Hydrolized. Does that make it okay or is it still the wrong kind? The brand Neptune's Harvest. I am using the pH testers that you fill the plastic tube and add powder and water and shake. Again, thank you for the help this far.

3. Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry for asking so much I just have had some questions for awhile. And from what I can tell it doesn't sound like this particular fertilizer contained any mercury but it wasn't 100 percent clear. Does that sound like the correct conclusion to you? Sorry to keep bothering you.

4. What is your temp and humidity?

5. Not bothering me at all.

Ive never relied on any fish fertilizer to be my only feed. It doesnt seem to be treating you kindly from what your plants are saying. Maybe its just too hot.

But it also doesnt seem to have mercury from what i was reading, but then again who knows. A lot of people use azomite in their soil mixes and it contains things like cadmium, aluminum, etc.

I just avoid that altogether. I recommend you give the ssts a shot at the very least. Ive never seen fish fertilizer of any kind do what its done to your plants.

How often are you feeding? How much?

How much cfl wattage are they under? How often do you water and how much?

6. Im not sure if the fert is the issues as I started late in their lives, they have actually only had a handful of feedings with it but the issues didn't occur until after so I'm not sure. I'll avoid it from now on though. I can also go ahead and start the ssts with everything else. I was only feeding 3/4 a table spoon per gallon every two weeks because thats what the instructions said. I have not watered in a few days because the soil is staying moist but I was watering around every two days, but honestly it was just when they started to get dry. I switched to the cfls just this week. They are set up in different spots around and in between the plants. There are 4 100w equivalent and 6 of the 60w equivalents.  The largest one has lights above it as well that are the fluorescent from something like an aero garden( the long compact lights with the pins) . I don't currently know the humidity as the meter I had wasn't actually functioning correctly.

7. #28 Delta9Times, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015