Van Life

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Justman1020, Mar 9, 2015.

1. I know this thread got buried over time, but I also know some of you were curious:

I did it....
    Currently on the road, have been for a month now. Visited Denver, Colorado for Riot fest,
    Then went to Backwoods fest in stroud Oklahoma,
    Riot fest Chicago,

Now I am in Sandusky Ohio,
    After this I am heading down to DC to photograph Landmark fest, then out to Texas for Austin City Limits

2. Saaandusky, love those rides at cedar point:) that some serious zigzagging dude...nice :)

3. Man that's so sick you're going through with it. Always been about that kinda thing. More of a drop everything and live off grid in a cabin kinda guy haha. If my career fails that's honestly my plan. Live off the land as much as possible. Maybe grow some herb and I'm a happy camper.

4. so whats your rig?

5. Yeah the rig?!

6. I have always wanted to live in a van, and someday I will need to do it.

I want to see pics of your machine man.

7. If I had the money I would go with a Quigley 4x4 van, those things are sweet. I tried sleeping in the back of my toyota tacoma with a cap but found it uncomfortable so I'm sleeping in a 3 seasons tent with multiple pads. A roof top tent is something im seriously considering as well.

8. I just put a RTT on my Toyota truck. I would look for a used wildernest. CL deals can be had on them.

9. How do you obtain a traveling job? Very curious

10. yeah, it's been up and down back and fourth!!

Attached Files:

11. Is that a Honda van?

12. Life long dream. Probably when I retire though, hopefully sooner!

13. I'm proud to say I bought my dream RV/van. Its a Tiger built off a Astro chassis and is only 16 feet long. Might ended up selling my house next year[​IMG]

14. This is exactly what I plan to do, having disability would be nice in the sense that it's constant pay.

15. Update: I am in south Florida currently. Staying at my mothers house, because my sister is at basic training for the Air Force and someone's gotta be here to take care of my niece and nephew.

This is giving me the opportunity to do some much needed maintain As I put 10,000+ miles on the van in 2 months for work!! CRAZY! Saw 24 states. It was a good time.

On top of the maintainince im going to be making some upgrades to the van-adding permanent storage, removing the last two seats in the back (which folded into the floor and will add a lot more storage once they are removed m) and getting a bed tot to size.

After that it's off to Colorado for some much needed vacation time.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #37 Bob Barker, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2015
    What kinda bed do you have not? If I did a van it would have a twin bed in the back that was elevated off the ground so I could slide storage boxes under it. Anyways great job getting out there and doing it!

[​IMG]