Straight Outta Compton

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Austin1289, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Just watched the trailer-wow. It's all about the lives of the NWA members and how they made it to the top. If you haven't heard about it yet, look it up! It's gonna be amazing and releases August 14th, 2015. Thoughts on how it looks? I think it's gonna be amazing just like when Eminem retold his journey to the top in 8 Mile. So pumped for it to release.

2. I wouldn't mind checking it out [​IMG]

3. Saw something about this a week or so ago, but completely forgot! Thanks for reminding me OP, I'm pretty pumped for this!

4. #4 Johnny Blazed, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    lol at paul giamatti playing jerry heller 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YszPqO_wD0

5. I watched the red band trailer like a month ago and have watched it a few times since.

Movie looks really good and ill definitely be checking it out.

6. #6 bomatt4, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    I'll definitely be checking this one out. It looks good. I love the west coast 90's gangster rap.

7. Looks good but would definitely be better if ice cube and Dre played themselves.

8. Lol. No. They're both in their 40s, and the movie is about the rise of NWA. Can't do that if Dre and Cube look middle aged, which they very much do.

Let's just leave them as producers.

9. I see your point but they can easily use make-up to make them look 10+ years younger.

10. Eh, it's a stretch. Cube was 17 at the beginning, Dre was in his early 20s. That's a lot of makeup lol.

I think they did a good job with the cast.

11. yeah its a long shot but still would've been great if they were to play themselves. Still, in saying that Matt Damon played a 17 year old when he was I'm his 40s so it is possible.

Plus if make-up can make brad Pitt look this old it can do anything

Attached Files:

12. Yeah, I hear ya. I guess anything is possible. Although, it's probably much easier to make someone look older than younger.

Idk, I think it would be kind of silly if they played themselves. As strange as it sounds, I don't think it would look right.

If you have two members, gotta have them all. That ain't possible, and even if it were I don't think it would be all that aesthetically pleasing.

13. anyway, the actors playing them do look good. Especially eazy-e's character looks exactly like him.

I just thought it would create a better effect if Dre and ice cube played themselves but when I think about it, I know it will still be great as you see films with famous faces played by other people all the time and the actors portray them really well (sometimes).

14. I wouldn't mind checking it out [​IMG]

15. It was cool but they left a lot of shit out .. events skipped like whoa ... other than that wow .. a must see ..

16. Ice cubes part is played by his actual son.

Cant get much better than that.

17. I gotta see this ASAP.

18. I plan on seeing it, I'm not a fan of rap but the movie looks great.

19. #19 Johnny Blazed, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    saw a bootleg shit was dope they pretty much cover everything

bummer we didnt get to see that nwa reunion from the movie it sounds like it was very close to happening e walked away from jerry heller and dre walked away from death row giving suge his entire half of the company then boom he has aids and is on his death bed he was already in a coma by the time cube and dre got there

all 3 guys that played dre, eazy, & cube did a hell of a job

20. Keep in mind there's so much they could tell. Could have been like a 6 hour movie and they still would have missed a bunch of shit but you are definitely right they missed some major things. Also the movie was like 3.5 hours originally and they cut it down to 2.5 hours so there's a lot of stuff that will eventually be released.