Choosing my new daily driver is hard

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DutchKarma, Mar 9, 2015.

1. I stopped smoking a while a go and bought a fairly cheap bong that i use daily (flower, not a dab/oil smoker). So now i would like to invest in something with a bit more quality and was planning to buy at the end of this month.

But after a lot of looking around i am basically torn between two options:

Option 1)
    Is to go for the  Pulse Glass - 75 X 38 Ball Handle Bent Neck Tube at the end of this month. I really like this piece and the diffusor in the downstem. Furthermore i think it is an easy one to clean, so also very practical. I could always expand on it with a pre-cooler at a later stage.

Option 2)
    Wait a bit longer en spend a bit more and go for either :
    Pulse Glass - Gridded Tongue Perc Stemless Tube
    Grav Labs - Helix Tube - Flare Foot Cylinder 7mm Scientific Glass Tube
    SYN Glass – Synergy Fullsize Glass Perc Bong

Are there people who have experience with either one of those four? Are there very compelling reasons to shell out more and go for one of the more expensive ones ?

2. In the mean time i am leaning way much more to option 1.
    Nobody any experience or advice regarding the other choices?

3. you located in EU?

4. Yeah thats right

5. Id say option #2 if i had to choose. Although neither will offer a whole lot of diffusion with just an angled downstem. The helix will provide a smoother hit . Just my opinion. Happy tokin' !

6. Pulse Glass, Gridded Tongue would be my vote for the double diffuser though would be cooler if they had an angled mouthpiece like #1.

7. #7 MochaBearBlazed, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    if your located in EU buy something from grasscity that ships from that side of the pond. pulse ships from the USA so youll have to deal with customs and such.

if i where you id go with this combo. youll have a nice piece, a flower bowl, and a glass nail and a dome if the mood ever strikes you. 
    http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/glasscity-stemless-dual-level-diffuser-plate-to-turbine-disc-vapor-tube-1.html#.VQMJR_nF_ts
    and 
    http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/female-cut-18-8mm-glass-slide-bowl-with-roll-stoppers.html#.VQMJg_nF_ts

youll barely spend anything for a pretty cool piece. 

this a pretty cool piece too. id actually lean towards this one if youll never use any oils because, well look it at it. worked sections are always nice to have. makes dem panties drop 

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/circ-perc-glass-bubbler-with-worked-color-sections-blue.html#.VQMKe_nF_ts

edit: if your cool with dropping the 300 those last 3 pieces are i would find a mobius. 
    [​IMG]

8. Yeah i like the angled mouth piece very much. The look of the Pulse one in general just very much appeals to me

@MochaBearBlazed Thanks for the help! .I would very much like to buy a handblown US or European piece. I have a china glass bong now and simply want something with some more class on my table :) . The EU Ehle and Roor stuff, does not really appeal to me style wise. So that is why i looked at the US ones. Customs and such is something i think is unavoidable sadly :(  Cause i don't think the choice of bongs is as wide over here then it is across the pond. Those Mobius ones also look good :)

9. I don't think that much diffusion is a necessity, plus more work to clean :)
    But i was charmed with the helix/vortex idea! It's a shame that i cannot have them in my hands in some kind of shop (most only carry china glass and/or roor/ehle), would have made this choice way more  easier.

10. believe me, im all on the no china glass wagon. mobius is a US company and i believe the glasscity piece is EU blown. I just dont think theres any reason to wait like a month or 2 for the shipping but ehhh. 

11. I'd wait a little longer before you buy. I'd be willing to bet they have 30% off on March 20th.

12. #12 DutchKarma, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015

Do you really think it will take 2 months? That would be the slowest shipment i have ever experienced from the US.

That's okay by me , i was planning this month for choosing one, and will order somewhere around March 30. Thanks for the heads up [​IMG]

13. 2 months maybe a bit of strech depending on how lucky you are but yea, ive heard of pieces from EU to USA taking 6-8 weeks or more. so i assumed going the other way would be pretty much the same. 

14. I've ordered a lot from the US and my experience is that it takes between 2-5 weeks, but have not ordered any glass though.
    Think it highly depends on whether it's in stock or not too.

15. I'd say those are all pretty overpriced. I'd pick up a nice piece from apixdesign. It's in your budget, you'll get something that isn't mass produced with some insane quality. Much better than 3.8mm thick glass imho

16. #16 DutchKarma, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    Thanks TUSCANRAIDER! They do indeed make wonderfull pieces, i have send them an email, what a "bent neck" variant of one of their models would cost me.

17. UPDATE:
    I already received a reply back , the extra costs are not that much.
    But they need to find out if it is legal to export to EU,since they have no experience with that (which i believe is legal, since bongs are legal to sell over here)  Hopefully this will work out and i will have a custom design [​IMG]

18. I don't have experience with the Synergy, but I have a SYN mini showerhead and I love it. It is the perfect balance between diffusion and flavor. That is all subjective of course, but i LOVE my SYN.