Franklins Tower organic-grow-journal 2 speed seed plants.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Franklins Tower, Mar 8, 2015.

1. These seeds are from the Vault. Speed Devil #2.

2. So I am starting off with a soil mix that is very close to the recipe you can get on Buildasoil.com website. With that being said I have taken the two seeds from their tube and places them in water to soak over night. I will then place them in a container in between two layers of paper towels. The non colored ones. This is the pack the seeds came in

3. They are from Sweet Seeds and I have had 100% germ rate with the seeds from the vault seeds so far.

Attached Files:

4. First! Excited to watch em grow, FT! :)

5. I will be growing again with my 400 watt reflector with a glass door an d a eye hortilux super hps bulb. The last grow for this bulb. I have a 4 " inline Vortex fan with a Jr growbrite carbon filter.
    My soil was one 1 bag of Dr earth's Organic premium House plant soil and a bag of The Coast of Maine EWC and 1 bag of fox farms ocean fresh. Then I added all the minerals and powders that the plants will use during growing and flowering. I used some perlite and boiled rice hulls for airation. I let it sit for a couple of weeks in a tote in the house. The measurements are what the recipe from BAS calls for I just used a couple different ingredients. I also added more compost the Oly mountain fish compost which is organic.
    Thank you all for subbing in and this will be another fun ride. -FT

6. Im in 😁

7. The dirt and the seeds. I will use the actual brand name Smart Pots to see how they are compared to the Geo pot I used last grow.

Attached Files:

8. I decided to grow and not wait until fall because I missed it and was bored. I want to grow now that I know what not to do when growing autos. These seeds according to the breeder sweet seeds are 70 days from germination is harvest time. I doubt it but we will see.

9. #9 Prepper420, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    When it comes to Autos, throw out those time expectations and just keep an eye on her! I remember you saying heat was an issue during the summer, have you thought about using a 3w diode LED light?

Check out my grow! Mars II LED & Organic No-Till Soil.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-grow-journals/1318542-freedom-35.htmlk

10. I might be switching to an led light. A Mars 2 reflector 700 watt light. It just will take some moving around and about t w o days of slow working to get it done. I will sleep on it tonight to see how I feel about it in the morning.

11. On second thought the 192x3watt reflector is what I'm going to get if I get an led. I need to sleep on it. I want to be able to switch the panels to bloom or veg when I want and how I want. Lol. I can't wait. Redoing the closet, not so fun. I'm taking off the duct on both sides of the fixture and hooking them up to a muffler and hang it from the ceiling.

Attached Files:

12. Just remember LST is recommended with the reflector since it has the 3w diodes rather than 5w on the Mars :)

13. Yeah, duh UFO shaped. Got it. Lol. Wow This Grape Muerte is some strong stuff.

14. Subbed!

Chef.

15. #18 Franklins Tower, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    I got my two Smart Pots(the brand name ones) filled with dirt and barley straw put on top. I watered the soil with water and covered with straw to keep the microorganisms alive and thriving. I want to see how these hold up to the Geo pots I used last time.

Attached Files:

16. These pots should be easier to LST with since the fabric is like felt. I sure hope these speed along like they say. I want to see how fast this strain really is.