Irans literal eye for an eye

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rotties4Ever, Mar 8, 2015.

1. I think you're reading too much into it.. lol, people will always dislike religion in general and many feel we would be better off without it. I agree, but at the same time.. religion only sucks because people suck. You got good ones and bad ones on either side and it is the bad ones that ruin religious reputation. We got Muslims killing Christians in the Middle East, Christians killing Muslims in Central Africa, Buddhists killing Muslims in Asia.. and it all pretty much centers solely around religious belief. Without religion, they couldn't kill each other over their religion. We'd still find something to fight over.. but everything else has a basis in reality and won't get dragged out as long as it would with religion.

So some say to load them all up and ship them out.. I say let them duke it out and kill each other and then round up the survivors and then ship em out, less rocket fuel.

You just use the moral relativist argument to avoid scrutinising the actions of others, it's illogical and plain fucking lazy. We don't think that the way that some middle eastern states treat women is wrong simply because we treat women better here, we know that their treatment of women is wrong because oppressing half your population on the basis of their gender doesn't make any fucking logical sense. We know that executing people for heresy is wrong because god doesn't fucking exist! How many lives do you want to sacrafice over the altar of moral relativity before you realise that some actions cause more harm than good? Every action should be judged individually upon its moral efficacy, instead of using the blanket justification of moral relativity.

I didn't avoid scrutinizing it. I'll outright say I'm apathetic.

You're right about moral relativity but I don't think what I said was wrong. Ranting about the non-existence of God is moot here when over half the world's population is religious and we are talking about religious society.

4. #44 Shagnus, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    I definitely think its justified. I dont think he should be killed, i think he should suffer in the way that the victim did, and will continue to . I also think the doctors didnt do anything wrong, its better a doctor takes his eye out than some person who isnt a trained doctor