RC Cars, Trucks, Buggies, Boats, Tanks, Planes, and everything else RC

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Mar 8, 2015.

1. You have to recalibrate your esc. What kind of batteries? Nihm, won't last long after that amount of shelf time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. yup. the pack is a NiMh. i didnt realize that a rechargeable battery could go bad in 3 years i know batteries of all kinds have a shelf life but i expected a rechargeable to be maybe 5 years...

i also concluded that my life is a bit busy to construct an r/c, so im probably going to buy a Traxxas Bandit. they say its "waterproof," but its probably closer to water "resistant." im not looking to compete, just chase the neighborhood cats into the trees.

3. Look at ecx rtrs. They are pretty fun and cheap. Waterproof as well. Arrma also makes some nicer rtrs. Nihms don't do awesome for much. Lipo is a lot better. Like night and day. I bet if you got a new battery for your hpi it would work.

4. i guess i have some reading to do...

5. Ask away buddy. Anything concerning you, let me know.

6. Yeap... Everything is LiPo powered and brushless motors...

Plus side of that is that they're CRAZY FAST. Down side is that you wreck CRAZY FAST :laughing:

7. There's still an abundance of brushed motor options. Which I suggest, as a lot of aftermarket esc/motor systems have come down in price a lot.

Lipos are pretty much necessary these days those. Especially if running bl. The nihms power handling and discharge - c - is too low for the power available.

Again price has come down a lot on them as well. I have a duratrax whatever cheap lipo charger, it cost like 50$, and balances great. It's also DC powered if needed, so you can charge right from your car.

8. I have a fully built SCX 10 that I just tore apart to get ready to start running again. I have four short course trucks all of the 2wd except for my 4x4 racer. I have a built Wraith I have a HPI Vorza I also have a built HPI 1/5 scale SS Baja that has way to much money in it. I have a big block Tmaxx nitro Rustler and a electric Stampede. I also have a couple of mini trucks. I am probably missing a few but of well. The best part is they are setup to run on one radio. I will try to get pictures up but we are packing up to get ready to buy another house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. It drove me nuts so I hunted down some pics off another forum.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444405071.490733.jpg
    Right after I built her the second time.

The next day after a comp.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444405119.062964.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444405131.797934.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444405145.483406.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444405157.518309.jpg

And the only picture I could find of my Wraith at the moment.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444405194.223639.jpg

Still need to trim the driver down lol.

10. Nice man...
    Pretty sure my next rig is gonna be a crawler... I tear up the fast stuff too quick :laughing:

11. Yeah I like the fast stuff but it can be kind of boring by yourself. Where as the crawlers are a go anywhere do almost anything deal. My SCX has a actual working winch and I had a pull pal for it but I think I left it in the woods somewhere lol.

If you guys want good cheap lipo batteries look at hobby king they do have a place in Reno that ships faster than the other places they have. They also have cheap lipo chargers for sale just make sure it comes with a power supply.

This is the one I use.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444412700.332093.jpg

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-trucks/hitec-x4-ac-plus-four-channel-ac-dc-multi-charger-6s-6a-50w-x-4-hrc44167/p214203?gclid=CPbfk6T4tcgCFdBefgodVrUE7A

12. Got the new 4 pole 4600kv sv3 setup installed. [​IMG]

13. So my torment is insane now. Getting like 25-30 mins off a 2s 4000mah roar pack 100c. My normal duratrax 5000mah 2s gets a little more. I haven't seen any temps over 114F. Which leads me to think I can get some more gearing in there. The stock tires are like drift tires. So I got some duratrax pikket premounts. Night and day. I reinforced the body with gorilla tape and e6000

14. #57 Yoda, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
    great thread dude... I have a few...old school losi buggy... electronic speed control..
    I have a t maxx as well- modded... nitro .. another one that I cant think of the name. its a 80 mph car needs rebuild though. also nitro.

15. Traxxas nitro 4tec?

16. next week, i think im gonna get my Mini Recon checked out and i also want to get either a Traxxas rustler or bandit. rustler is a stadium truck and the bandit is a buggy. ill probably get the Rustler though. i picked traxxas cause ive read that the customer support and parts supply is really good.

17. Look for a rustler used. You can save some large $ The rustler is better than the bandit. Hpi firestorm is another stadium truck with a castle rebranded bl system.

Parts support at lhs is better than in the past. A lot of local places stock tons of losi, ta and horizon hobbies stuff. I wouldn't limit myself to traxxas, as they typically cost more than a similarly specd other brand. Another thing I don't care for in traxxas is the lack of anything new. The newest additions to their lineup, crainiac and whatever, are forgettable and just a stampede. Or their new Id core shit batt connections. Or their bandwagon jump with 'traction' control and sound modules.

I'm just grumpy with the 'biggest name in rc'