RC Cars, Trucks, Buggies, Boats, Tanks, Planes, and everything else RC

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Yea thats why all my shit is all broke lolol
    One reason Ive been contemplating a crawler.. Pretty slow and less likely to destroy itself lol
    Been watching that DJ Medic for a few years now with his crawler vids... I could seriously get into that too.

2. The axial yeti is a rock racer, there is a 2 speed conversion for the trans. A bunch of people on rcrockcrawler have had pretty awesome success making u4 rigs or hybrids. The wraith can also wheel pretty quick with the right setup. Medic is OK, but some of his advice is kinda space cadet stuff. Squirrelod, Harley, gcm and evol are a really great place to get more in depth info. They all have YouTube channels. Check them out

3. If I got a crawler, I'd want a serious rig... Something I could make pretty indestructible. Maybe like a fully over built SCX10?? IDK I hear they have truck loads of mods to make them not only look super realistic, but perform really well too.
    Most of the vids Ive watched it seems like they're all SCX10 or scratch built [​IMG]

4. #24 Markc05, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    That one I posted that got wrecked is an scx10. Highly modified, I like the scx chassis its easy to work on, and there's insane aftermarket. They are very capable out of the box, and they don't break often, due to the lack of speed. Mine has probably around 1400$ in it now, if not for the unfortunate cliff dive, probably wouldn't have done much more to it. Look at the deadbolt green scx10, it comes with the updated electronics and drivetrain, and is the cheapest of the lineup. Then the money saved can go into a new body or wheels and tires, as needed. The only part to upgrade right out of the box is the steering links. After 1-3 runs, they are similar to overcooked pasta
    Edit: or try to find one used on kijiji/Craig's list or rccrawler, that forum has requirements on when you are able to view the classifieds, but you can find amazing rigs at competitive prices

5. #25 ImTheJoker4u2, Jun 12, 2015
    Thats probably the route I'll go. Im a cheap SOB, and I'd rather buy something that someone just got bored with, and comes with a bunch of extra parts ect. for half the price of a new one [​IMG]
    "New Car Smell" is overrated [​IMG]

This is what Im talkin about right here.. SCX10, RTR + TWO RTR Drift cars.. $600
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/tag/5013531461.html

6. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTS1000p?&C=C

Tower has some good deals on scratch and dent,but they go quick. 

Pittsburgh is my favorite city in the USA. Let's go Steelers! I'll probably be down there in oct-ish, not making it to home opener this year

7. #27 ImTheJoker4u2, Jun 12, 2015
    Yea Ive looked at the scratch and dent a few times..  Good deals there too for sure.

Im actually a NY'er... Moved to Pitt because of the childrens hospital.. My son was there for a while..

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local-ems-chief-volunteers-transport-boy-rare-birt/nY2zm/

I see a lot of those dromadas.. They like Redcat Racing or something??
    I had a nitro redcat.. Was like $150 RTR....
    POS :laughing:

8. I hear the dromidas are quite durable and fun for younger kids, as they aren't too quick. Personally, I laughed at them, I would rather spend the same money on a losi micro. Ragrat racing is for people who don't have internet. I hate that a local shop pushes them, so much so, I won't spend any money there. 

Sorry to hear about your son, hope all is well. 

9. We had a steg6 today. 80 people showed up. Super slick, muddy and rocky. I changed up my wraith to run 1.9s, with a super low suspension. My tires held me back a lot today, were horrawful in the slick stuff

uploadfromtaptalk1434247417166.jpg

10. Bad ass man... Thats quite a gathering!! Its nice when theres a bunch of other people to go wheelin' with.
    You guys set up any kind of "official" course, or you just kinda go "free wheeling"?

11. It was a g6 style adventure course. 2 courses, gates were varying in width, there were 200 gates. Hill side and creek side, there were some incredibly difficult sections, even though this trail is 15 min from my door

12. Hopefully with this new job I think Im getting I should be able to get back into it by next summer.
    Right now I'm getting brutal with the mini chopper around the house lol

13. uploadfromtaptalk1436108486722.jpg

Some progress on my scx10. Werty trailing arms, the scale shop high clearance frame. Waiting on a customish skid, and some pieces from the lhs. Overdrive front gears, underdrive rear. Getting some pitbull tires on some fresh beadlocks. Really need proper rear shocks

14. Yea I definitely think the SCX10 is gonna be my next rig....
    Theres just so many mods for it, it seems like its a blank frame that you can do what ever you imagine (and can afford) to it.

15. Mostly true. The ascender is right cool and comes with a lot of upgrades that the scx doesn't. The problem being, you can build an scx from aftermarket parts.

16. tgank you joker for showing me this thread.

Right now I have a traxxas summit(avtr pic)
    Running spc 8200mah 2s lipos. And get 3 ish hours of run time.
    ,Rc4wd 3.8" Mudslingers with cut foams. ,aluminum diff cups, modified for a 72t 14.4v e maxx spur gear topped with a 11t pinion for torque. Running stock electronics Sept for a savox 500-oz/in for the steering.
    Currently down for bearing relube/ clean up and to see what diff is clicking.

And my drug mule comment in my signature. I can run one battery and carry a half O in the other battery box. Or a pipe , lighter an bud. And go for 6hrs of run time at half speed.

I also have a traxxas 2wd stampede. I also have a build thread on the traxxas website under the same username, just Google reod12x2 stampede.

It shows my custom 1/2" Thick aluminum dug out chassis's and a lot of pic and stuff. But haven't had the time to update it lately.

17. uploadfromtaptalk1438648607049.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438648623621.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1438648639509.jpg

I need 2 screws to finish up my build. Got the trailing arm 4 link rear setup nicely for now. The new frame has given quite a bit of approach angle, as well as room for the suspension to move.

Running a 35t handbuilt Holmes motor with brxl on 5000mah 3s. Get about 3-5 hours depending on throttle finger. Also have a kms winch that I need to figure out what I'm doing with.

18. I just picked up a ecx torment 2wd. Brushed, swapped for an sv3 w/5600kv motor. Way too much. Thinking I need like 3900 or something. Going to build rpm/proline truck with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

19. i pulled out my Mini Recon(1/18) after about 2 years of sitting in the closet. charged the batteries, and i think theres a problem with the esc. the turn functions work fine, but the forward/reverse is erratic and unpredictable. sometimes it will throttle up as i pull the trigger, and other times it will try to go and suddenly full throttle without me touching the trigger. it wont reverse at all though. i need input.

ive also been thinking of buying a Tamiya kit.