Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making first edible, advice required.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Bobby Doom, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Hello all, first time posting on here.
    Been lurking for a while.

Now I'm going to be attempting to male canna-butter, and some sort of brownies or other baked goods with it.

Now I'm visiting my friend on the 11th of April until the 19th. When would be the best time to make The butter/edibles for the highest pungency on 11th-19th.

I've read that the longer you leave it to 'cure' if you will, the better it becomes.

Any advice / help would be much appreciated.

Any further details I've missed please ask.
    Thanks, Bobby.

2. I  would cook them the day before I left.  If you want to make the butter earlier and "age" the butter that would be fine.  Making canna butter correctly can take3 a little time.  Keep them is something airtight like Tupperware or glass that can be sealed closed.

3. Thank you for your response, just what I have been looking for.
    How many days would you reckon I made the butter in advance?
    Thanks

4. Well, people will usually leave their oils and such out for 2 weeks. At that point, the oil will become very potent. I've read some threads of people just leaving some oil out for 2 weeks, without any cooking, and they've turned out amazing. I've just never tried waiting. The longer you keep it, the better, but it can only get so much better, so don't stress about not leaving it out long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Thanks, it's just that I have the time between now and when they will be eaten.
    Make The best of the time I have until then.
    Much appreciated for everyone's reply, i shall post results for leaving it a couple weeks.
    Quite frustrating as this is my no toke week, for tolerance reasons.
    Talking about all these brownies etc are making it hard to resist temptation.