rasta_kid420s First Indoor Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rasta_kid420, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Well I don't have very much experience but both times I've grown the cup of water trick worked well for me and was pretty easy.

2. Hey @rasta_kid420 just checking in seeing how things are going, have you moved yet, and how are the ladies doing, were you able to nurture them back to health?

3. @rasta_kid420 I guess this thread is dead almost, I think what went wrong was you reusing your soil, people do reuse soil but there's a process it must go through before you can reuse it again.
    And that was a rookie mistake spending all that money on a light but you're going to reuse the same soil!! Also get yourself some high quality nutrients and some beneficials{Canna or Advanced Nutrients are a good place to start}I promise promise you it will pay off.
    And over the years I have also found it more easier to use soil that has no amendments in it like Promix then just add 50% perlite and your good{this way is easier to know exactly what you're feeding your plants}...
    But one thing I wanted to say is do not get discouraged, I know my last thread was called my first grow but it definitely wasn't my first grow I've been studying marijuana for 20 years...
    Started off growing hydroponically fucked that up twice then I stopped growing indoors, grew outdoors a few times with success went back and did more years of research and now I'm here!
    Current grow...Genetics, Barney's Farm Critical Kush, one 600w mh one 600w hps dimmable, 42 days from seed and 9 inches tall, lollipoped the other day in anticipation of flower! I learned one of the most easiest and efficient ways to grow I haven't touched or watered or even looked at my plants in 8 days, once you get it dialed in you're dialed in and there's not much to do in the garden but watch it grow, it's a beautiful thing!

Attached Files:

4. Hey Twan!, thanks for the advice man. I know this threads been pretty dead lately. I've been really busy with work and the move and life in general so I haven't got an update In. I'm probably gonna end up culling some plants because I'll get them back to health and for a while and they'll go deficient again shortly after. I've been looking into super soil and organics because I would like to just add water and not need additional nutrients but I'll look into the promix and the advance line that you recommend. I was also looking into Ironheads method too. So I'm just deciding on what I want to do for my next run. And yeah it was a very newbie mistake reusing the soil. I don't really know what I was think there besides I wanted to get growing again and didn't have a whole lot of cash to spend so I just used what I had left. But after I get settled into my new house and build a new room I'm gonna start another journal and try to have regular updates done. Were moving all the essential stuff this weekend then finishing up cleaning and painting the house after that. Just a lot of stuff to do in order to move, especially when you live somewhere 13 year's. But thanks for stopping by and checking up on me man, I'm still here just mostly lurking for now

5. @rasta_kid420 yes definitely look into super soil I would do that if I have some time and some patience but its just easier for me to buy nutrients and add them, but you save a lot more money with super soil and you even get better quality from what I'm hearing. Can't wait to see your next grow I know you'll come back better than ever!

6. Thanks for the encouragement man! I just gotta get moved and get a spot set up and dial it in and I'll be good. And the super soil just sounds good to me no nutes or ph adjustments, just add water and it makes bigger batch which will be good if I start running a perpetual like I desire.

7. Hey rasta! Damn man sorry to read all the bad stuff. Don't worry man I made that mistake using irons method. You can reuse the soil but you have to run his method through finish, I decided to try and plant again during the middle of the veg cycle and didn't flush at all. So it killed my poor seed but it was a lesson learned. You will kill it again soon, you have no doubts from this guy.

8. Thanks Phil bro, all the support from my blades means a ton. Good to have you back on the city. Good news is the move is this weekend so I'll be working on getting a temporary spot set up for a short run while I build my more permanent spot, but the bad news is ill probably be culling plants tonight and cleaning out the closet and pack all the grow stuff. It sucks to have to chop the plants before they got flipped but I screwed them from early on so it needs to be done. I'm gonna try and get up to the hydro store soon to get some soil for this upcoming short grow. I'm probably only gonna veg 3 weeks just because I wanna turn a harvest. Its been too long without a steady source of bud. And I'm trying to save all the money I can to put it into this new room. So a clean start with the move is my hopes :)

9. Sounds like a solid plan! Now you can set your new spot up better to your liking and stuff like that. Positive vibes bro

10. Thanks for the kind words, bud. I'm just ready to get this move underway and get the spot built.

11. If you look at the bright side. At least when u build this space, you already know how you want to lay it out. The rebuild could be a blessing in disguise. Positive vibes your way. Twisting one for herbal support!

12. I'm definitely pumped about the build man. It'll be nice to have actual ventilation and designated power for it. The wiring in the garage needs redone anyways so I'm just gonna put it on its own circuit hopefully. I have a blue print drawn up without the measures on it. I'll have to post it and see what you guys think about it.

13. Heck yeah man. Always improving. I'm waiting till I get my mom's nestled in and a little chunk of change, then I'm gonna be adding another hood and wall fan into the flower room. Prolly gonna need another in line as well. Gonna get a lil warm with 2 - 1000s. Lol

Oooo the excitement

14. Come on rasta, are you in Jamaica for the high times deal or what?

15. I've been gone for a long time. Were just about finished up with all this house work so once I get it all done I'll be hitting the hydro store for some soil and ph gear and will probably Turning a bathroom of mine into the new space. My original idea wad to use the attic but it has hardly any vertical height so that won't work . I hope to get back in it soon as its killing me not having any plants but soon I should be getting on more and being active. Just finishing this shit up

16. A buddy of mine used a bathroom as his grow room. Used the bathtub as his reservoir. When it was time to change water/nutes he just popps the plug and the tub drains. Fills it back up and he is good to go. It's a nifty idea. Can't wait to see the new setup

17. Can't wait to build the new set up! Should be closing on the house this week I hope. I don't want to do really any construction until then. But I'll do enough to start the out. Some cfl action. I'm wanting to do bloom in the shower and veg in the spare space. My girl friend and I still need to be able to use the sink and toilet parts of the bathroom as we still live with my folks but we are in a spare room out in the detached garage which also has the full bathroom I plan on using. I don't really care about losing the shower to badly because I can just go in the house to do that and the water heater in the garage is shitty and only lasts 10-15 max for hot showers. So I just want to tell guests it used to be a bathroom but the plumbing is disconnected and it just is storage now. Plus I don't really have people over anyways but If I did I need a cover. I just need to be able to get ready for work and use the space for basic shit. But I could dig getting ready to start my day and having the garden right there haha. So that's the situation with the bathroom. But it'd be killer to have running water right there whenever needed

18. @rasta_kid420 Can't wait to see what you put together..I have a video blog of my current grow over on YouTube come check me out if you have some time to waste, my YouTube channel name is Enigmatic Ways. Here's the latest video I just put up early today..... https://youtu.be/DHn9Z2-0klg

19. Hey everyone, I know it's been a really long time since anything in this journal has happened but we should be back in action soon. I've got a temporary spot to grow with in my bathroom closet, I hope to add on to it and make it the veg and clone chamber and then use the shower as the flowering chamber. Also I purchased some seeds online from Oregon Green Seed. I purchased a pack of the donkey Kong, Pachyderm kush and the blue snow dog. I'll probably be waiting to pop any of these until I go perpetual full on because I'd like to keep cuts of each. The order came in today and I'll be opening it when I get home. Maybe I'll get lucky and snag a freebie... who knows but that'd sure be cool. Then I'd rethink popping a few of their beans

20. So I'm back. Only one of my bag seeds have popped so I decided to drop two Lebanese hybrids freebies I received from OGS and I popped two extra donkey Kong's they gave me. I'd definitely recommend ordering from OGS, good customer service, the genetics look good, no customs (USA based) and it all went smoothly. The downside to these guys is the limited variety of strains they carry and how often they are stocked. I believe if I read correctly they only stock once a year... which sucks cuz the sugar cookies I was watching for a month sold out the day I had seed money. Lol figures. I'm just glad I'll have a few strains to keep around in the gardeb