Third Grow - Purple Deathstar Cheese Quake TGA Seeds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jmaccool, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Here we are, I turned the grow to 12/12 on 3/29/2015. It has been 3 1/2 weeks and this is how they look. I unfortunately dehydrated one of them, no horribly, only by less than a day, it was fine yesterday. Some are more frosty than others, the one with the crazy frost is Cheese Quake and it smells like berries already in the stem.

Attached Files:

2. Sounds like the urkle pheno you got. Cheesequake funk yummy. I may get this going again soon. Miss it. My growmie used to run it a lot.

I run the spacequeen. Tga used the spacequeen in that cheesequake. Enjoy

My spacequeen in early veg

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

Looks happy & healthy bro, great work. How is the Sapcequeen, I have to assume it is good stuff. Have not been unhappy so far with TGA. I have three non-TGA strains, Blue Dream, Candyland & Cali Orange. I will see if TGA is as good as I think it is at least in comparison to theses three. I want to try Locomotion after I run those three twice, unless my wife loves them then it might be a bit longer till I change genetics. Happy growing!!

4. #24 jmaccool, May 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015
    Week 5 day 5 of flower from 12/12 start. I think they look great and there is some decent growth in the buds for a 9 day difference from the buds posted above. I would say the bud tripled in 9 days, at least doubled. I accidently added a double dose of seaweed and I think it caused the tips to burn slightly on my largest plant, it could also be the light. It is as high as it can go, but it is a 600W HPS in a 3' X 3' X 6' tent. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

5. #25 jmaccool, May 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
    Here are the cheese quakes, both smell similar but the bigger one is a big more cheesy smelling. They are both pretty sugary but on eis the clear winner, it is the more dank smelling one as well. Let me know what you think, thanks!

Attached Files:

6. Lookin nice. Those quake nugs get chunky man. I remeber some big nugs of this stuff on the tops..

Looks great ma.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Thanks, starting my water only flush week 6, in 5 days on the two biggest, I will do the others a week or so later.

8. I cannot wait to finish up my learning fertilizers. It will be time to cut the cord on nutes. Living soil is what I will be doing in a year or less, YEAH.

9. #29 jmaccool, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    \nWe have all been fed a huge lie,  you do not need any nutrients if you grow living soil. We are actually killing our soils thanks to big agro and companies like Monsanto's. The soil, if in balance just needs a bit of compost, compost concentrates and teas to keep the life in the soil happy and healthy. No more tilling, no more nutrients and far less money and work. Living soil with earth worms, bacterium, fungi is all you need, they breakdown the solids and organic matter that feeds your plants perfectly. We humans have no clue how to feed them, the life does, they have been doing it for billions of years, let them do their job. Make a change and go truly organic, your body, patients and the earth will thank you for it!!

10. #30 jmaccool, May 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    I have a week or so to go, just water and nothing else until then. The one Purple Deathstar in the pics id burned, not sure why. Could have been the light, 1000 in a 3' x 3' x 6'5" tent. Could be cal/mag or just nute burn. I fed all the plants the same way to the penny so I doubt nute burn. the rest look much better, MUCH. The one in the pic is the biggest though, by a decent margin. The other plants had to be put on risers to get the canopy even. Anyway, here is an update, let me know what you think. I cut some of the tiny lower buds from this plant, it needed to go. My wife thinks it is much better than the Vortex I grew and they are at least 3 weeks immature. I am sure she will be happy in the end.

Attached Files:

11. Looks good bro looking forward to the finish

Thanks, I will be sure to show final shots before I start cutting and final weight and cured bud shots.

13. Here is the first Purple Deathstar, it was precut last night, I did all the smaller crap first. These shots are the final top colas. I think it came out great, probably about 4 - 5 ounces perhaps a bit more. I might just get 1 pond or even more from all four when all is said and done. That's a pound plus from a 3' X 3" X 6.5' tent with a 600 watt HPS, nor bad. Enjoy, I know my wife will!!

Attached Files:

14. Looks great

15. I wish I knew how to grow good green buds like that.

Thanks!!

17. Here is a top cola shot, I left the lowers with the hopes they will swell a bit in the next few days. This stuff smells like grape soda with a cheese funk, I kid you not. The buds are huge for a 18" tall plant. They look and smell great IMHO, let me know what you think. I have two and 1/2 plants to go, regardless they are coming down by Monday unless I find they are soooo not ripe enough. My Blue Dream, Candy Land and Cali Orange have been in 3 gallon pots long enough under only a T5, time for 10 gallon pots and some HID light until flower. 

Attached Files:

18. Sick bro. I am suprised at the yield you are expecting. I just bought a 4x2x5 tent and I hope i come even close to your success. I have one 400 watt HPS but plan on supplementing with 2 additional 150 watt white leds. Which seedbank would you suggest?

Looking at what I have gotten from TGA Genetics seeds I cannot turn them down. I would also suggest trying Humboldt Seed bank & Ocean Grown Genetics. I have some random clones from Harborside dispensary (Blue dream, Cali Orange, Candy Land) & I hope they come close to performing as well as the TGA stuff. I got 5 girls out of six seeds from TGA, that's great and lucky numbers. As you can see their stuff is far from crappy or ho, hum. I am soooooooo not a label person or someone that truly listens to others, especially about genetics. The proof is in the pudding, and TGA's gear has made me more than happy!! Good luck and be sure to look into "living soil" it may just blow your mind & save you a few bucks in the long run. Happy hunting and growing!!

20. #40 helion, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    I will definitely check those suggestions. I got some "dro" seeds that came out of frosty bud, so Im going to try my luck with those first. Planted about 7 of them in pots on the window sill. I am really glad to find your post since I coincidentally ordered the almost same size tent you have. I also ordered a 600 watt cooltube MH/HPS. Im thinking about getting two tents now that I have two lights to try and setup a perpetual. What is also crazy is that I am using an organic soil mix from wal-mart... but probably should get some different stuff based on others' suggestions. I had to buy a dehumidifier and portable a/c since my tent will be in the attic during summer. I got a 6 inch centrifugal fan pushing like 443 cfm so that should be enough to cool the tube. The a/c and dehumidifier are meant for small rooms, so I think they should be more than adequate for the tent. I just have to make sure the a/c doesnt get TOO cold. I hope it's low setting will be enough. Heres my tent which is tucked away in the attic. I will be adding a smaller veg tent and a taller "sativa" tent here soon.

20150529_172223.jpg
    20150529_172258.jpg

4x2x5 (WxDxH)

Attached Files: