Say what you want to God

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Pretend God is reading this.

Suprise him!

Now is the time to shine like a ninja star in the moonlight.

2. Which god are we talking about here?
    Yahweh? Allah? Zeus? Odin?
    Shall I continue? 

3. I hope you're reading this, faggot. You think this is funny, huh? If we ever meet, I'm GONNA take a swing at you. Fuck you.

4. Ur a confusing little bastard

5. [​IMG]
    thank you for Kimbra!!!

6. Why make a thread when you could just PM him?

Oscar Zeta Acosta

7. Speaking to god is nothing more than talking to yourself, and since I don't suffer from the mass delusion that is religion, I'll have to refrain. 

8. #8 Permanent-Piff, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015

Different poets, from different parts of the world, and in different moments in time, may (in their poetry) acknowledge the reality of the moon in their own personal, particular, and native, tongue or way; but then does that mean such poets do not speak of one and the same moon? Shall I continue?

That's not really a fair comparison. The moon actually does exist. We can all see it in the sky. It is both observable and measurable.

It is possible that all god-believing religions are just different ways of expressing a belief in what is really the one true God. Until someone proves this though, it will remain a mere possibility. The flying spaghetti monster is equally possible as this.

10. #10 Permanent-Piff, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015

Actually, in a sense, it is.

To your first point: the moon may be observed by our eyes, unalike an infinite being, but you miss the fact that a human being's understanding of what the "moon" is, remains conceptual (e.g., that it's upheld in space because of the earth's gravitational pull, that it revolves around the earth, that it can occasion an eclipse, that its made of atoms, etc.,), regardless of the fact that we can, with our sensory faculties', observe it; thus, the "moon" is actually an object of our intellect, and understanding, rather than a something momentarily discerned by our eyes'. Similarly, God may not be a something discernible by one's vision (as neither is the 'dark side of the moon'), but that does not mean that 'God' cannot be (regardless of one's creed, culture, color, history, etc.,) an object of man's intellect and mental faculty (as the 'dark side of the moon' can be).

To your second point: as I was just saying... it may not be possible to "see" God, but that does not in fact mean that the idea of a 'Supreme being' cannot be an object of mans' understanding, i.e., mans' mental eye; seeing as almost every civilization on earth has ac-knowledge-d (in some form or another) a Supreme being. From "Saguna Brahman", to "Zurvan", to "Amun-Re", to "Viracocha", to "the Great Spirit", to "Pangu", to "Jah", to "Olorun", to "Shangdi", to "Odin", to "Tenri-ÅŒ-no-Mikoto", etc., etc., 

11. My question - what's with all the decoys?

12. I hope I'm understanding you correctly, sorry if not. So you are saying that if not by means of observation, measurement, or detection by our senses that it could still be possible to philosophically conclude that there is a God. I agree 100% with that notion; belief or disbelief would just be a matter of philosophical debate. I think though that most people would still involve some sort of evidence based reasoning in their debates, whether for or against.      

13. What is the extent of our ability to tap/harness the infinite potential?

14. Fine. I'll just assume that it's Yahweh, since that is the God I'm most familiar with, and I'll pretend that he exists for a few seconds.

Here it goes: Cancer in children? What the fuck is that about?   Why is an omnipotent being such as yourself so worried about what I do with my genitals? And why are you so insecure? Why did you drown millions of people and then preach murder as sinful? Hypocritical, much? I can see why Satan got fed up with your shit.

15. #15 Permanent-Piff, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015

Indeed, my friend. The question of the metaphysical is not a matter of empirical demonstration, or physical inquiry, i.e, physics; but rather, mental, intellectual, and intentional apprehension, i.e., philosophy and logic.

16. 'Thanks for the privilege of existing'

17. Stop fucking with my life. Go bug someone else.

18. Show us your tits and your holy holes

19. I think I'd just repeat what Camus said, "I laid my heart out to the benign indifference of the universe."

20. #20 andy85258, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    Cue all the edgy atheists saying "Nothing cause god is fake and i dont believe"   

Fascinating bit  of news indeed.