Superstitious things you believe in?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Messiah Decoy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. I believe in the demons, angels, Hell on Earth, Purgutory, voodoo, soul mates, etc

What about you guys?

2. How about you elaborate on your superstitions instead, since those can mean different things to different people.

3. None i can think of...

4. I think there are a lot of unconscious superstitions that we just don't recognize we have. Our feelings and all our conceptions being a reality with it's own essential nature is itself a superstition. We are not directly aware of the nature of our experience and we take it at face value and believe it's all real. Our feelings, emotions, pains and pleasures, even the idea of our self. Belief in duality is superstition and the mind ensnared by contemplation and attachment to it is one that dwells in superstition. I think I have not escaped that snare, these beliefs I have about the reality of my experience have not been fully overcome.

The flame of my mind still wavers in the wind. The walls of knowledge have not been erected, constantly the castle is plundered. Anger comes, sadness comes, happiness arises also. The true bliss of absorption into the primal lord has not yet been attained.

5. No, but I get ocd sometimes and do things before I do other things.

6. Well got damn.

7. #7 SmokinP, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    When i open a box of fags i take one out turn it upside down and put it back in the box. Silly but has become a habit and if i don't do it i can't relax.

I also lived with a Brazilian woman before who insisted on pouring salt over my head every Friday before i showered for "luck".

8. I only have one single superstition that somehow grew on me when I was younger.

The idea is that whatever I think of, rather whatever scenario I play in my head, the opposite will happen in real life.

Of course I know this isn't true and that it's all in my head. I see patterns where there's nothing but random outcome.

Yet I can shake this damn superstition and sometimes it affects my actions, and sometimes my thoughts.

9. I have this superstition that my mind creates my reality. Now I think they're synchronous and manifest simultaneously. .... but where's the inception? Does all create the in and the in create the all?

10. If I try to take my boots off at night when I'm at work, we're going to get a call! Never fails :laughing:

Your mind does create your reality. It's what filters all of your perceptions. You and I can go through the exact same experience together and perceive it way differently from one another.

12. I knock on wood from time to time...

13. Absolutely none. My beliefs are based on logic and reasoning. 

14. #14 CarlSaganRaptor, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    Give me some of what that guy is smoking! I can only understand about 80% of it, but I think we share a similar outlook. I am far from overtly superstitious, but I am certain I engage in behavior based on previous advantageous reinforcement of the correlative variety. We also believe what we want to believe so keep wearing your lucky Cubs socks even though they haven't won a World Series in 100+ years. : )

Our mind will do funny things to try to make sense of this existence or the events within such a strange trip. The best thing to do is catch yourself in the moment; it can be a truly enlightening experience when you call out your brain.

Then again, whatever makes you happy!

15. When I go to the freezer and get ice, one small piece has to fall on the floor...surely this must mean something...

16. I've always believed that if you cough while thinking about someone, a puppy dies.

-yuri

17. i dont split poles.  fuck that shit.