Colorado Visit

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Menchville, Mar 8, 2015.

1. #1 Menchville, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Been in Colorado for 2 days now and I got one more day left before I fly back to Virginia! v :confused_2:

Its my first time here, and I love the rec stores! Its a bit expensive....but for someone from a state that its still very illegal, its a nice change!  :metal:

I spent like $400 at the stores so far....my first store was some ghetto one with literally like.... 3 sets of buds and he didn't know anything. The concentrates were poop and that's coming from a east coaster!  But since it was my first buy, I decided to purchase 7G for $65....Flo and Blue Dream, smelled like outdoor and looked like some okay grown bud. I wouldn't suggest it! :confused_2:

Then I ended up at Red Eyes and it was amazing, I bought a Gram of Charlie Sheen Shatter....it was literally blonde, it was some pure stuff! $50/G...and then I bought a O-pen Cartridge 500MG because they had it on sale for $30....and 3 pre-rolls! It was amazing, they had great staff and the bud tenders were very courteous considering it was my first time.  Highly suggest them!  :smoking:

Then I ventured around for a while, went to Medicine Man and bought a edible.....then I only had 2 more things on my list to find...CAVIAR AND BUBBLE HASH! Not one store had them, and I went to like 7 stores... 

I finally found a store that sound Bubble hash, full melt in different flavors for $45/G...blonde...Will upload pictures later, it was amazing looking.  I bought OG Kush and Sour Diesel....and then I also bought 3.5 of Lab tested 24% Grape Ape for $40...it was purple and bright lime green, it was amazing! The dispensary was great, easy process and helped me out.

Now I only have one thing on my list...CAVIAR! :confused:  :confused:

If anyone in the Colorado, Denver area knows where I can find some Caviar... It would be very helpful if you could tell me which dispensary to visit! I haven't found any yet...and visited like 7+ now.

TL:DR I am a tourist in Denver, the weed is amazing....stores are great.....I want to find some caviar though so if you know which dispensaries in the Denver area that sell it...PLEASE let me know!  :smoke:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. #2 JaysForDays, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Sounds like a blast, try allgreens for the caviar maybe?

3. I found the caviar at Caregivers For Life, bought 2 grams..Sour Diesel, and I bought a 1/8th of 28.3% THC Jenny Kush for $35...

I fly out tomorrow afternoon but Denver was amazing!  :smoking:

4. nice man. lookin to go in september when i get back to the US. i always thought you have to be 21 but someone told me 18. either way ill be 21 by then so no excuses for me. hope you had a great trip. ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. I've heard the prices in stores are ridiculous for weed but how could someone complain about an 1/8th for $35 or $40?! That's an awesome price where I'm from but im curious; does that include tax? If not, how much was the tax?

6. #6 Austin1289, Mar 10, 2015
    The age is 21 to buy weed :bongin: I think it'd be better for the age to be 18 to buy alcohol and weed like it used to be (for alcohol) but that's just just what I think

yeah when I was their this past summer it def was 20/g 8th 60/g for rec

I would like to how he got those prices unless somebody medical is buying for him?

8. I'm in VA too. I'm doing alright, but I'd love to have that kind of selection. 

9. Sounds like a cool trip, man!

10. Just landed back in VA, it was a fun trip.

Trying to think wheres next  :smoke: ....Cali I think....

Nope...I bought it all in the Rec stores myself. I didn't see one $20/G listing anywhere.....or $60/Eighth come to think about it.  :confused_2:

Even the top shelf stores were selling for $45 at a MAX....

$40 was with Tax.....the highest I paid was $50 and that was for some of the killer stuff.

Nope, its 21...and they are strict as hell on the IDs!

It was amazing!  :smoke:

11. Glad you enjoyed our awesome state.

12. They complain because it is the same weed they sell on the medical side for 2x the price. They use the rec tax to justify outrageous prices so they can take advantage of tourist who are use to getting ripped off.

13. I did, I will be back in a few months!

I didn't mind, I pay Cali Prices over here in VA, so to go pay $1000 for a quarter it was a little outrageous but I expected it.

I got charged $100 smoking cleaning fee from Hertz for smoking in the car  :confused:

14. Posted pictures on the first post!

15. #15 jay719, Mar 10, 2015
    Yea and they know most people that come here for rec weed will feel the same about the cost.

Be careful with repeat visits, this place is addictive and you may find yourself relocating. At least that's what happened to me lol.

16. If you're not a US citizen, can you still buy? I'm looking at taking a trip to Washington state.

17. Hah! It was quite nice from the weed perspective..might attend grad school there  :confused_2:

But in all reality,  I get better prices over here on the East Coast...just not the safety net of it being legal!

The hotel I stayed in wasn't even 420 friendly.  :confused:  But we smoked anyways and they didn't know, it was great fun.

Not in Washington, they don't have there setup right for out of staters yet, let alone out of the country.

18. dang mench im pissed I only visited 2 shops and they were top end prices, maybe because the cities only had 1 or 2 dispensaries max, only ended up getting 2g, but I brought like 6 joints with me from florida

19. I live in Cali and all the dispensaries near me are 40-50 an eighth and 80-90 a quarter. Don't know where you got your "Cali prices" for.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1353929-mopheads-purple-closet-adventures.html

20. I went to at-least 20 stores...Got to do Weedmap/Yelp reviews for all of them to let people know. 

I wanted to mail back some stuff so bad...but decided against it! I got flagged by the TSA on the way back for explosive residue...and was searched and patted down! Hah, luckily I didn't bring anything with me.  :hide:

I get my QPS for $650/LB for $2400, and 99% of the time they are from California, that is where I am getting my prices from. Not the dispensary prices!