Wizard of oz and The dark side of the moon

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by themuffinman21, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Okay so recently I was talking to my friend and he has been smoking pot for about 8 years and told me to watch the wizard of oz and listen to dark side of the moon while wizard of oz is muted. He said after the 2nd roar of the mgm lion is when you start it. Anyone else tried this while stoned?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Heard about that on youtube... saw some comments saying that it's supposed to be timed perfectly with the movie but i kinda doubt it. never really tried it though

3. It is timed perfectly and I've skipped through it but eh not really worth it unless you were already gonna listen to the album or something

4. I've know about this for years, and I am a Floyd fanatic. Yet, I've never attempted it. I think I will soon though, just get ripped with a few buddies and see if it's all it's cracked up to be.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

5. thought this was a play on words... wizard of oz, wizard of ounce lol

6. It syncs up the first play through of the album, after that its not much of anything...

I've done it twice, once with my brother and once with my cousin and you start it on the 3rd lion roar...it was cool back then but we were young...

But it does sync up, and I think floyd did it on purpose because its made the album and legend live on forever, and never admiting it makes it even bigger...

7. A local show theater plays dark side of the rainbow (what you call the combo) once a year on a huge projector screen lol

Pretty sweet but like said above it starts falling apart after the first play through of the album

8. You should watch Empire Strikes Back with Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy album. Start playing it as soon as the scrolling words leave the screen.

9. Dark side of the rainbow

10. I did a study on this phenomena in college. Its call synchronicity. the simultaneous occurrence of events that appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection. In the case of dark side of the rainbow my theory is that the effect is created because of the similar themes of the two artworks.
    Not because pink Floyd intended it but by accident.

The next part of my concept was that the "idea of playing pink Floyd to a movie" existed in the public consciousness when the Matrix was made. So what if the W. Brothers edited their film with the intent of have Floyd as a secret soundtrack. What evidence would you look for proof. First I played the film with the album to a group of people who had a dial to indicate the level of sync they felt. Then I looked at the spikes in the data, for example when neo jacks into the matrix for the first time the lyrics say "there is someone in my head but its not me," awesome, but still didn't prove it. So next I looked at the ratio of musical breaks on the music with action breaks in the film and vice versa. What I found was when the dialog in the film is prominent the album is usually in musical break. And when the lyrics of the album are in dominant the movie is usually in an action sequence with little dialog. Unfortunately I couldn't get my professors to approve this work as a masters thesis and decided to leave the institution. So.. that what I think I know about that. Try watching the dark side of the matrix and let me know what you think. O.. and the W. Brothers deny they did it publicly.

11. Went to a big showing in Philly where they did this on a large projector screen, some of the sync-ups are very uncanny... There could be some merit to it for sure.

12. It is perfectly timed. It's so much easier to do on vinyl which I what I recommend. I did it on shrooms and I never thought I would make it out of Kansas or Rodger Waters head...