Georgia Bill to legalize recreational Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by r r, Mar 8, 2015.

1. #2 Delightfully High, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Well then lets hope we get at least a two thirds vote from the house and senate. Then all we have to do is push for people to vote. But like you said it probably won't happen.

2. What's the point?

Iran and China will legalize before Georgia.

3. Was hopeful that the scene of "younger more/liberal crowd" which has migrated to Atlanta metro over the past few years would drive the vote to a more sensible policy... Even being in the Bible Belt with leaders such as Pat Robertson acknowledging the destructive policies of prohibition to our nations youth...
    Even the bible thumpers are starting to see the false propaganda around danger of cannabis use even with clarity into the medicinal aspects of this amazing herb...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #5 Delightfully High, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    The whole reason marijuana won't become recreational in Ga. is because of all the closed minded ,unintelligent ,sheeple that think cannabis is the devil's salad but booze and cigarettes are gifts from the gods. Have you ever actually tried to debate marijuana legalization with these people I speak of? They just can seem to wrap their minds around the fact that just because the government says something should be illegal doesn't make it bad ,just as making something legal doesn't make it good. Hell I'd vote for this bill but I honestly don't think it'll even make it past the house and senate ,but even if it did I think voting is nothing more than a way for politicians to make people feel like their opinions matter when really the only opinions that matter are those of the politicians calling the shots behind the scenes.

5. I don't see much happening..
    Ima a state over in sc and the majority population is just not gonna go for it...like ^^^^^said

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..💨⛽️

6. Yea, most people will not go for it, but that should not stop us from educating younger generations, so that their, and our future doesnt look AS bleak.
    The majority of naysayers on the subject are old as fuck and 'traditional'. As someone said, uneducated on the facts, but instead standing fimrly by the propaganda that was pushed into their heads.

It sucks because I watch people I know get arrested everyday and slapped with misdemeanors and felonies or a VICTIMLESS substance. 

Hell, if only people knew how this state was really ran on the inside theyd probably reform the whole fucking thing hahahaha

fyi- dont come to Ga to smoke weed.

7. Agreed... Am probably being far to optimistic...
    One thing is for certain, there is a green rush and it does come with a great deal of tax revenue along with reduced cost because cannabis activists are no longer being incarcerated...
    So maybe the Georgia sheople will follow the other states as more continue to change their focus to a more sensible approach.
    CNN's Dr Gupta is only the start. As the media continue to tear down DOJ propaganda, people will see the senselessness of it all..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. The only way this thing is gonna pass is if Georgia politicians can make money off of it (which they can potentially) and come out on the other side looking like the good guys. I'm only watching this bill because it brings up the topic of cannabis taxation which is the only thing that gives me a shred of hope that this thing will pass and it isn't necessarily a bad thing (depending on how we go about taxing cannabis products and what we spend the tax money on).
    Take for instance Colorado who has brought in and continues to bring in millions of dollars in taxes each year of which a portion funds classes that teach children and young adults the dangers of marijuana. WHOA. Wait......what? So the state of Colorado is actually funding classes that demonize the very thing that make those classes possible? Why not continue to fund those classes but instead teach THE FACTS and the real dangers of drug addiction rather than fill young people's heads full of hateful mindless opinion based propaganda.

9. It might take a while for the Bible Belt to come to terms but give it time