do-nothing garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Mar 7, 2015.

1. ya that's gotta be leaf hopper doodoo there's nothing else quite like it. Unfortunately there isn't much that affects leaf hoppers. Maybe essential oils/ steeps/ brews with herbs and neem altogether can get them to bug off.

Oooo maybe I do have a reason to buy the chapin haha I figured my hand pump sprayer would be sufficient even for outdoors but next year I do want to grow something tall. I like the idea of closing it up and fogging it completely a lot. I'll need to install my roll down plastics before I can do that though.

I have trouble getting every leaf on indoor plants because I bring them one room over to the bath tub. Fortunately I'm 100% bug free indoors at last not even a fungie gnat! A leaf hopper followed me in two weeks ago though but I found the bugger and squished em. It's crazy just how much leaf damage and spotting a single one can do and this one hadn't even reached its final form!

2. I'm kinda with dingus cause if that is PM I got it too lol think it's just gotta be from a spray or something man

:wave:

3. Hey TJ just wanted too pop in and say you have some Amazing Plants!

Vibrant Green :D

4. Looking good TJ! Nice healthy green! :yay:
    The white leaf spots look like what I get from foliars or when I'm watering I often get the bottom leaves and they look just like that, especially if there was anything in the water like mbg.
    I like the chicken wire on the hoop house. Gotta keep those weed gophers at bay!

5. #1286 ladyluckybean, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    I can't see your picture very well but when I worked at the nursery, there was an outbreak of mealybugs which looks nothing like a bug but it sure as hell looked like PM to me. it wasn't until they told me and handed me a bottle of imid** that I knew what it was. perhaps it is that?
    **not like I'm suggesting that. I quit there soon after.

6. Soooo while looking through your post I said it..YOU MUTHAFUCKA...and it's exactly how you got your name; besides the fact that your "f" meant "fucking"!
    Godanmit! You killing it as fucking always, my Muthafucka! Damn...

I love coming home! :smoke: y

7. Looking solid Mr president have a great weekend my man.

8. Hey TJ! Looking wonderful brother!

I was looking at the pics of your Veg. tent and I wondered what you use for soil for Veg. You use full on mixed soil, or just some peat with W/C, compost and Kelp? They look nice and healthy, and pretty much ready for bigger pots hey?

Gonna go back and find your hoop house.

I have a new thread hey? I also have some clones from a 20 year old White Widow mother. That means it's probably the original White Widow from 1994. Also have c99 vegging. Quite nice. My 2 outdoor plants are doing well too.

So I hope you're not too busy with things, but you probably are, lol.

Take care TJ,

9. Thanks for looking that up for me, D. Much appreciated my friend :) I feel a lot better now lol. Guess I need to step my IPM game up!

Heya 432 thanks for the compliment. Glad to have you along! :wave:

Thanks mainah! Yeah it definitely looks like some sort of dried residue from a droplet or something. Pretty impressive that everybody could diagnose that from my crummy pics! Lol.

According to CO law, you can grow outdoors but it must in a fully enclosed and locked structure. So I figured this would fit the bill and still allow me to get plenty of airflow in there :D

Some places in CA I guess you can't use PVC or wood to build your structure at all, it has to be all metal!

Mealy bugs huh? Very interesting... I would picture something that looks like a maggot or grub with a name like that lol.

10. Hey mokey! Great to see you post up in here. I hope that you have been doing well! Thanks for the compliment on the ladies :) i can't wait to see them start flowering :D

Thanks Dutty hope you have a good weekend too man!

Heya plaid! :wave: Thanks for stopping by man!

The veg tent is running on old recycled mix and it is just kind of a hodge-podge of different mixes, so I really couldn't tell you with confidence what is in there anymore. When I built up my 4x4 flowering box, I mixed up 60 gallons of fresh soil which went into four 15 gallon no-till pots.

I had about 60 gallons of soil from previous runs and that all just got mixed together in a big tote and that is what I use in the veg tent now. Most of it is being used to grow outdoor veggies in containers right now.

I think I subbed up to the new thread man! Just have been quiet :rolleyes: sorry man, I will get caught up :)

Hope you have a nice weekend plaid!

11. No-till hey? Sweet. I have about 50-60 gallons of my nicest soil mix to date. I mixed in half used soil, and half new soil mix., then added amendments. It's 5 or 6 weeks cycled and I'm super stoked to put it to work.
    I've been seriously building a couple no-till containers and using this soil. I'd be really interested to hear how you put your no-tills together. I was thinking of putting about 3-4 inches of lava rock and adding a couple airstones and a pump. But that's kinda complicated. I might just do it with 2-3 inches of rock, then soil. Also, what did you use for ground cover? I was thinking clover, or maybe just nice fresh hay.

later TJ

Plaid

12. Hey man the plants look great. I'm only part time with such a short Alaskan summer it's hard to grow and play at the same time. Looking forward to getting back after it in November. Enjoy :)

13. yeah man I am diggin the no-till deal so far. I am using cannabis prunings as mulch indoor and straw as mulch for the outdoor plants. It's crazy how fast the roots and leaves and all of that break down when you don't disturb the soil and just let the worms do the work. What was a 2" mulch layer reduced down to nothing. Leftover stumps fall over in a matter of weeks lol; it is awesome.

I didn't use any stone or anything in the bottoms but mine sit on SIP trays, so that is sorta similar-ish. I don't think rocks are really necessary at the bottom of the pots. That space is better filled with rich soil imo.

14. hey thanks man! your summer may be short, but you at least make up for it in daylight hours, ay? hope you are enjoying the sunshine while it lasts. :wave:

15. #1296 donothinggardening, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
    Some pictures of weed plants outside...

Attached Files:

16. veg tent...

took these pics right before lights out. kinda funny how everyone is asleep except the golden goat praying in the corner lol...

Attached Files:

17. Saweet! A harvest of that size should last a couple years. :laughing:

Looking great TJ!

18. Bubble Cheese doin her thing... Hope everyone is having a nice start to the week!

Attached Files:

19. Right? lol. The GF and I only smoke about 2 oz per month between the two of us, so this should last quite a while lol. if it gets old I can always turn it into caps and donate it to folks that really need it! Thanks mainah. hope you're well man!