do-nothing garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Mar 7, 2015.

1. I did talk myself into it, but those aren't the plants. I'm on my way home. I'll post them when I pull up.

Right on though ;)

2. #1102 donothinggardening, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
    I can only compliment on the pics I see's ;) ;) :poke:

how many strains you got on that mawfk'n porch anyway??

3. Haha yeah I actually recently joined the 20 team, just 20. You can forget about the sumpin' ^_^ Wisdom trickles down from the wisest of brains, innumerable and much older than my own.

Happy funenjoyment as pak would say haha. A summer in an earthship village sounds ideal to me and a great use of your time. Hands on learning for whenever you can build your own would be so great. After being totally immersed in the permaculture life youd be a sustainability master!

I was just thinking it would be soo neat to use compressed earth blocks for building because in addition to using the excavated earth on Craig's list there are tons of ads for free fill dirt and some even the people are so desperate to get rid of it they even will pay ya to take it away!

4. I'll be there!! Love Eco dome home. Thinking about doing an Earthbag dome. Working with a yurt maker now to trade for building my own yurt this winter. Live in that while I build my garden and greenhouse, chickens, goats, bees. Then start working on the house once food is taken care of!

5. Nice info.

I tried, but I can't watch the videos. I'm a type of person that keeps shuffling with the radio volume in a car with my friends; if somebody's talking I gotta have it way down low. The narrator talking with the music about just as loud as him gave me a headache.

Guess I'll be hitting up some store for some hygrometers. I bought 20 eight-gram boveda packs for 62% humidity, but I'd still like to be able to monitor it.

[​IMG]

6. You might be able to mute it and read the subtitles! lol. I am sort of a visual learner. Watching how it is done helped me out but ymmv.

The humidipaks claim to be two way, and they probably are to some degree. If your buds are too moist, a fresh humidipak will NOT bring the humidity down to 62%. Maybe if you had a dried out, old humidipak but idk. A fresh one will rehydrate dried out flowers, though. I don't use humidipaks until after I have stabilized the RH at ~60%.

7. Cool, their gellyness makes me think they could still absorb some water vapor, but it definitely looks better suited to add moisture. I think there's only so much you can say about the process once you figure out a few specifics. Seems we've come to the same conclusion if not with some nuance.

[​IMG]

Hope you're enjoying your evening and your time 'off'.

8. I've used a dried up pack and they will rehydrate if the buds are really wet.

I wasn't to keen on these packs anymore honestly. I always felt like my other jars smelt and smoked better. But that could be from the very slow dry with packs.

Who knows, I wonder if that threads still around?

9. http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1082009...

10. i'm not crazy about em either tbh. 62% is too wet for me and like you said, at that moisture level it seems like the smoke is less flavorful. 58% or so seems to be my magic number :confused_2:

11. that's super smart thinking on how to get started on a project like that. Gotta have a temp thing to live in while ya build haha. I saw the bottom of a yurt for free on Craig's list the other day. Chickens bees and goats! Man you got the milk and honey for real!

I like to rehydrate my humidipaks when they get dried up by putting them in a dish inside a container with a lid with some water in it. I think they work the best when they're not fully saturated but jellyish but not like bloated. I recently rehydrated some and out them in some jars of bud and it moistened the buds too much. They were a little squishy. So I'm just letting em dry out for a day or two and then put them back in.
    I feel like my buds been more flavorful since I started using humidipaks using the 62%s but only on the greens hits. I can't smell it as much from the jar. But also my growing skills started really improving around the time I got the bovedas also.

12. I've spent a few months in a yurt and it was really nice. The middle of the roof had a skylight and it kept it pretty bright in the day. I was only ever there in the day to take naps, though, lol.

13. That's really cool Anatman. :). I'm hoping eco friendly housing catches on more and more.

14. I think the trend is heading in that direction. It will pick up a lot more steam if the govment subsidised green technology more. I know you get nice tax breaks for installing a geothermal heating system in your house.

This place with the yurt was awesome and almost completely self sufficient. Traded veg for big barrels of grains, had solar and wind power, like 8 water reservoirs, compost toilet, goats chickens and rabbits, orchards, etc...

15. Sounds like heaven lol. It would be a lot easier if building codes weren't so restrictive in areas.

16. Yeah this definitely wasn't in America, lol!

17. And now you see's um [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue recluse.... This bitch is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stanky, and already frosting up as you can see.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you have it Muthafucka :love:

18. :yummy: nice work, :smoke:y! that blue recluse is gonna have some serious colas by the time she finishes out. she is stacked tight as a mf.

that GFBA canopy is flat enough to play cards on :D

thanks for sharin' smokey :) :wave:

19. Just trying to keep up with ya ...is all :wave:

20. blue recluse I got a nice one going too!!