do-nothing garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Mar 7, 2015.

1. #441 SoCal Nature Farmer, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Getting ready to transplant a Golden Goat cutting today, here is the basic root development I wait for before transplanting.

1427650153436.jpg

1427649824931.jpg

1427650137822.jpg

Tried planting last round when they were smaller like what your seeing currently. They didn't do so well and I had to pop them back in a humi-dome and mist with a Kelp solution till they perked back up.

Attached Files:

2. Yeah most of my exp is using the rapid rooter plugs and I would usually TP at the first sign of roots. Don't want to break any of these roots off by accident, though :eek:

Lmao yeah I could see that :p I like these lights, but I'm not religious about em. As far as LED's go, I think these are probably some of the best available :)

I picked up a Bubble Cheese clone, which if I am not mistaken is from Big Buddha Seeds :) stoked. Have wanted to try a cheese strain, and have wanted to try a Big Buddha strain :D have always heard good things. I love the look of the fatty leaves on her :D

Thanks dude! Lol. A year ago I had 1x 400w HID. Now I have 4 lights haha. Ready to upgrade my space a little now :D

3. #443 donothinggardening, Mar 29, 2015
    That is at 12 days, mu man. Not as fast as I have seen roots before, but I am just happy to see roots period lol. I'll see what they look like tonight and then decide :)

Hey dude! I'm just excited lol. I bet they would be fine if I tp'd em now.

I like it man! Super easy. Way easier than the rapid rooter plugs. Should have done this ages ago lol. I'm sure that I will dial it in a little more and start getting faster roots :) for a first run, I'm pretty stoked.

Thought about doing the bubble cloner thing, just liked this idea more I guess :unsure: either way seems to work great, though!

4. Thanks all for offerring your experiences with these cloner deals :) it's much appreciated. The consensus seems to be that I could TP now, but patience may pay off, so I will try to be patient lol. Maybe I will plant one tonight and see how it does, and just leave the others to go a little longer :)

5. The dude is a GC blade. Pretty sure he has a journal on here :confused_2: :poke:

Fuck mites lol. Never dealt with em, and never want to. I'll be cautious :)

So am I right that this is from Big Buddha Seeds?

6. Sup Teej? I know you're dealing with cloning right now. I have a question about how your start seeds. As you may know, I just switched to coco and my clones did perfectly fine. 100% success. All in coco now and doing great. However, NONE of the seeds I've popped have worked out. I need to get some new plants coming along but I seem to keep just wasting em! I tried rockwool. No luck. They would germinate and then shrivel up. Someone said rockwool may stay too moist. Then I tried paper towel germination and then to coco. After 4-5 days of nothing, I dug a little and the germinated seeds had grown none and kinda turned mush. I got some new gear and need to start some but don't want to waste anymore. I took all my coco, rinsed it really well and thought about running some nute mix through it before trying again. What do you think? Any suggestions?

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323267-300-watt-led-cabinet-grow-ww-x-bb-ww-x-skunk-1.html

7. #447 donothinggardening, Mar 29, 2015
    Hey dude! :wave: sorry to hear about the seed troubles. I usually have good success with them. I don't use any of the pre-soaking techniques. Those methods are really only necessary for old seeds. Fresh healthy seeds should have no trouble germinating on their own in a moist, warm environment. I plant mine directly in soil. No humidity domes, plastic wrap, none of that. Seeds don't require high humidity like clones do. They don't need any extra nutrients in the first week or so of growth either. I have started seeds in soil and soilless mixes just fine without any added nutes. First, I would get your coco evenly moist (not dripping wet), then fill your cup with that. Poke a small hole that is 1/4"-1/2" deep and drop the seed in horizontally. Use a spoon or something to keep the medium moist over the next 5-7 days. Misting with a sprayer is not very effective. If your area is cold, use a seedling heat mat or something to keep it warm or turn on your light. I would use your light on full power from day 1. Seedlings require plenty of light. Again, they are not clones and low light will just cause stretching. Once your seedlings have a couple sets of true leaves, you can start on a light nutrient regiment.

This guide is specific to mandala seeds, but should be accurate for any seeds that you start and has always worked for me:

http://mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Guide

http://mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Troubleshooting-Guide

Hope this helps dude! :wave:

8. Dang Lixx, sorry to hear your still having probems with seeds. Everyone has their own methods for sure, I'll throw mine down here if TJ don't mind. I just started 5 seeds in coco with no problem. I pre soak for 24 hrs in water, kelp, fulvic acid and pro tekt. I packed moist coco into a seedling tray, each spot is about 1x1x1. Packed fairly tight. I could push the coco from the bottom and pop out a little coco cube. I put my seedling tray on a heat mat and enough water to just touch the bottom of the coco. I use a dome just until I see the seedling coming out of the coco then remove it. Once the cotelydons are open I switched to the 6:9+Epsom mix again with just enough in the tray to touch the bottom of the coco. Tp after a couple days in the seedling tray and have been watering every other day with the 6:9 mix. Do you have any bag seed to try with so you don't waste any more good seed?

9. Thanks guys! I might try that bag seed idea. I think what the problem may have been is that I didn't really rinse my coco. I just added water. It expanded. I took handfuls of it, squeezed hard and filled solos. Seems I needed to really rinse the coco. That has been done now. Should that make a big difference?

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323267-300-watt-led-cabinet-grow-ww-x-bb-ww-x-skunk-1.html

10. #450 donothinggardening, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Dedinitely rinse your coco. Brick coco will have mad amount of sodium in it. No bueno.

11. #451 Lixx, Mar 29, 2015
  12. Good Afternoon TJ :D just stopping in to say hello

13. The BubbleCheese comes from Green Bastard. He can tell you it's exact lineage. The info is in his journal but it's buried in there somewhere.

White Romulan is in the cloner now and should be ready next week.

I never had to deal with mites either, I wouldn't take cuts from those guys even after they said they were mite free :laughing:

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

14. After only two days the results are really noticeable with the Amare 350+UVB fixture. I'm a believer in the spectrum. Serious praying after 30 minutes.

The Alaskan way!

15. Nice SS-150 TJ! I'll be watching that one. What's your plan for it?
    Hope you had a good weekend!
    How's the outdoor project coming?

16. Hey TJ,
    Please drop by pHarmer's thread and share your wisdom with me ok? I posted a question I would really like your opinion on bro.
    Thanks man!

17. My little perk about clones...light and roots dont mix well,,some of the DYI buckets or cans may let light thru,,i.e. thin lids or holes are roughly cut..or the plastic is reeking some kinda noxious chemical fume loose...can't tell with naked eyes..so i stick to old school
    and i tried the aloe- vera on a cutting..no good for me..i like the purple jelly clonex makes and rock-wool cubes with a small fogger in a humi-dome..

18. Np dude. I've learned a lot of shit the hard way myself :rolleyes:

Heya canna chick! Great to see you :) hope that all is well with you and the fam :wave:

Yeah I should really dig thru GB's 'ol thread. Is he still posting? Haven't seen him around in a while. I'm watchin TPB right now actually :laughing: fucking love that show

Man I am really itching to try the white rom. Have heard nothing but great things about OGR gear :metal:

I'm gonna have to re-veg some goat cuttings. My buddy lost it and I never got one to root while she was in veg :(

19. #459 donothinggardening, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    That's what I'm talkin! :) i noticed the exact same thing :metal: full spectrum for the winner!!! :yay:

Thanks dude! Thinking I'll use it for vegging for now, then I may add another and do some pheno hunting with it in the future :) tax return is coming soon :devious: :lol:

Just picked up some corrugated plastic yesterday so that I could make a door for it and finally get back to work. My buddy gifted me a piece of GH plastic. It's super dirty and has some holes in it lol. Sooo I may just buy some new stuff. He doesn't take very good care of his things. I should have known lol.
    Saw your question :) I kinda want to wait and see what pharmer says. He is the expert on these lights and he has spent a lot of time messing with different configurations. I agree with the other guys too-- may be a good question for the manufacturer. They aren't pushy salesmen or anything. They won't sell ya something that you don't need.

20. Yeah I had thought about that too. The lid is super thin and probably does let some light thru. Something to think about for sure. This thing seems to be working, but I may end up trying out a bigger bucket. Or just upgrade to a brand-name one :lol: at least I didn't spend much $ on this one.