do-nothing garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Hehe just opened her up. She is small, but damn is she bright lol. Waaayyy brighter than my t5 lol. Not even a competition lol. At 66w lower consumption too :metal: Saw sunspots for a couple minutes after turning it on lol. Packed tight in the box just like the other one--box within a box. I like that the inner box has a handle. 1" of foam padding all around the unit. All necessary accessories included: carabiners/cables for hanging, rope ratchets, H-brackets to connect to other units, a power cord, and another cord for daisy chaining. Has two switches, one for veg spectrum the other for bloom (with more reds). The pic shows it with both switches on :metal: (those dim looking chips are IR). Heavy duty construction, yet very lightweight. I'm likin it :) i bet the plants do too :D

Attached Files:

2. The parking lot is great for getting new genetics but whenever you bring in new girls they may be bringing in more than you expected. I learned that from dispensary clones. I won't make that mistake again. You really need to use your eyes for watch for pests and mold problems. Catching it early makes eradicating it much easier.  Good luck controlling/ridding your thrip problem. That is if you have one.

3. Yeah they put a dent in the outer box. Luckily the folks at amare packed the light in there nice and snuggy.

I'm excited for the PPV too :) hopefully they show soon. OD season is almost upon us!!

I hear ya man. I think I have been too lax with my IPM regiment and the parking lot clones add an extra risk to the equation for sure. Never had any problems when I was obsessive about my IPM. I'm going to stay on top of it. From what I have read, thrips aren ot nearly as bad as PM or spider mites. So hopefully eradicating them will not be too big a deal. Thanks for the vote of confidence my friend :) hope you are enjoying the weekend :wave:

4. yeah any new clones i get, even from the most trusted friends get sprayed and sequestered for a week..

is that another new light dude?

fucking balling man..

5. #426 WitchyWeedWays, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Here's T.J.'s Cheese update ..starting to smell..like Italian Deli's  lol

i was gonna ask about Sanctuary Gardens..do they have a website..been seeing some great plants lately and was 
    inspired ..to get some new strains..Thanks Mang

Attached Files:

6. I have one 260 (probably pull more than 1 gpw) and 2 150s in separate tents. Can't wait to get 4 @ 150s in my 50 x 50 tent

7. Yeah buddy! Lol another LED from the same company. This one is a much smaller model but every bit as awesome :) pulls 150w. Gonna set er up in the veg chamber soon and then setup the t5 for starting my veggie seeds. Perhaps in the future I will use this for some pheno hunting in a small tent :)

Just got another parking lot clone and am going to follow your advice. Setup the new light in a small cabinet that I usually use for drying plants and what-not. Should work nicely as a temporary quarantine. Sprayed her with neem as soon as I brought her in, and tomorrow mornin is my usual neem spray day so she will get it again. Gonna use the spinosad on her too, so she should be nice n bug-free by the time I get her in the veg cab :)

This is Bubble Cheese. Real healthy looking gal. Hope she likes the new digs! :)

Attached Files:

8. #429 donothinggardening, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    Hell yeah dude she is looking good! Gotta go check in on your thread. Been a few days :) I finally got my hands on a cheese strain! :yay:

SG does not have a website and his stuff is not available for sale... yet. If you sub up to his thread and get to know the 'minions', you may find that they are a very generous group of folks ;)

Here is the minion thread:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-cannabis-breeding/1346372-sanctuary-gardens-minions-monsters.html

Very nice, P! I may just go the same route :) so far I am very impressed with these lights. 1+ gpw is very impressive! Even 1 gpw is impressive lol.

9. Ok, question for you folks with aerocloner experience: how much longer would you let these cuttings go for before transplanting into soil? I am guessing that they aren't quite ready yet lol. Probably want to wait until there is a more dense network of roots, ay? TIA!

These are the roots forming on three of the cuttings:

Attached Files:

10. Well i have done clones in small rockwool cubes ..and the roots were bout  1" all around and pop them right in soil.. i do the same with seeds..seems to work well for me..more roots for sure brother

11. And they call the Amare guys a cult..thats too funny...they do have some nice tree's ..thanks..what kinda cheese did ya get?

12. Nice grab on the light man! Like AW said, getting straight balla level in here. Lol things are looking great! Hope you're having a good weekend brotha

:wave:

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. [​IMG] TJ

I've seen that Bastard's cheese before  [​IMG]  I think you're going to like her  [​IMG]  

And shady characters plants are sequestered for even longer!!  [​IMG]

I usually go a little longer than a week but I did have to listen to some Midwest guys battle mites for awhile so I'm a little cautious  [​IMG]

[​IMG] AW  [​IMG]  I like all the new sigs  [​IMG]

14. Haha nice! Like a striptease...those Amare lights look sweet.

I've planted them when they look like that but I'd go 1 more day. How many days is that TJ?

16. I've had no issue planting any clone from the bubble cloner with one or two roots at least 1/4" long ........ Maybe I'm a little over zealous but as soon s I'm seeing any roots in size she goes right into my mix

17. Hey TJ,

I use the coffee can cloner but if possible id give it a couple more days in the cloner before TPing into soil.

I've done TPs with that small of a root mass and IME it usually takes a couple days longer before they get established. Just my .02.

They look perfectly happy! how did you like the aero style? I thought about building one once upon a time...

18. I would wait until you have ~ 3xs that many roots popping out. I find that trimming back the long tap root helps to create others.

Also, I typically use 2-4 air stones to create an oxygen rich environment above the water line to facilitate root development

I usually clone in small lid tote, but for grins tried it in the rez feeding other clones. Worked fine

Attached Files: