do-nothing garden

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Mar 7, 2015.

1. I think coot was saying that microbes foliage sprayed die in the light so it's pointless. What I do is put a cap full into 2 gallons water. Mine smells like fermented vinegar but it still works. It should smell sweet but if it starts to get a vinegar scent, you may want to get another bottle eventually. No rush though. Mines well expired.

2. What up! We deep fry a turkey every year. The BEST! other then may be smoked. Haven't cooked it that way. Thinking about trying that next year.

3. Hey buddy, hope you had a great turkey day!
    All the girls are look primo, I hear nice things about that fire!

4. Oh yeah, 60-65 days more flavor and 70 days for best yield more chem taste. That's what I hear. I think it is best a little early. The guy I got my cut from told me this when he first got it he ran harvesting tests to find the sweet spot.

5. So some friends of ours decided to deep fry the turkey a few years ago.. Got the cooker all set up.. Filled it with the 5 gallons of peanut oil.. And when it was all hot they dropped that big ol bird in.. Unfortunately they hadn't allowed for the displacement mass of the bird and about half the oil flooded out of the pot and into the burner catching fire and in turn setting the wood deck on fire.. It was a close call but the fire department saved the house with just some minor roof damage and total loss of the deck..
    BNW

6. nice, thank you! I bet some microbes probably survive. supposedly there are microbes on the surface of leaves outside, right (the phylosphere)? I don't see why they would survive inside just the same.

is that for the GG4?

7. sup man! yeah i've had em fried before and it's pretty delicious. I want to try the technique that fifel wrote about in the lounge.

hope you guys had a nice turkey day!

thanks buddy! hope you guys had a nice holiday too!

damn, that is some scary sh!t! Let that be a lesson, if you are gonna deep fry a turkey, keep it farm away from anything flammable! :eek:

8. Wow! That's some scary shit right there!!

1 - always put your turkey in the frier and fill with water. Remove turkey, Mark water line. Overflowing the oil is super scary.

2 - do it away from your house!! Can't say that one enough.

3 - turn off the burner and remove frier pot from the burner before adding turkey.

4 - drop turkey in oil slowly using good thick gloves and pliers. You can put the turkey in with very little splash if your patient.

5 - use peanut oil!

Follows those basic steps with a bit of common sense and you will not have any problems.

9. Yo TJ,

You could always make some em1, it won't have the mother culture but you could always add some of that bottle to it .

I'm about to make some more, been seeing Iron use it for a root zone treatment.

Might work well with SIPS.

10. Well that's what I thought too but... Anyhoo I've foliared with it. They like it but they don't respond like this. When I spray EM1 for PM, it will work but when I made EM5, the PM is gone and doesn't come back for a while. I don't get it in the garden but outside I have this plant that mildews when we don't water it enough. I sprayed a part of it and you could literally see a line almost where the spray hit. It stayed that way for 1-2 weeks. I didn't keep track but I was very impressed.

Using EM5 for the mites seemed to me to work well. I never found anything after spraying it. It's alcohol based with fermented garlic and lavender petals. The recipe is on Higa's site Tera Genix or something like that. Google always figures it out.

The JMS Stylet oil left no taste or bothered pistils either. Two weeks before harvest too.

11. supp hagg!

yeah I never got into making the rice wash LAB serums and what-not. will probably have to do some expetimenting one day.

G45 has been posting about making homemade PNSB serums on IG. pretty cool! he swears by that stuff.

been thinking about getting back into bokashi composting this winter, so may try making some homemade LAB's and bran..

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448729209.147153.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448729635.123590.jpg

www.teraganix.com for recipes.

Attached Files:

13. #2114 ladyluckybean, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    ^^ya see that?! One miiillion microbes per mL. One cap full is probably 10 mL.

I've made Gil's version of EM1 and it works but I like this better.

I didn't know it was possible to culture PSNB. I would like to know more.

It's supposed to keep roots and perlite white.

14. Isn't there two different ways to do this? The lacto culture and BIMs right? Using the cooked rice near the base of the plant to incubate it.

I think I'm going to try both. I wonder if you can tailor some microbes that are involved with the leaf litter break down?

Rabbit hole..

15. From unconventional farmer

TIP: Plant-specific microbes! If you are growing vegetables, find areas where natural veggies are thriving. If planting ornamentals, look for areas where wild ornamental type plants are. Also, target nitrogen-fixer plants since they have rhizobium bacterial strains present – legumes, as well as some other plant genuses such as Alder or Bayberry fall into this category.

16. BIM is just what's there in the soil where you set the rice. There's a good thread talking about it here. So I think it's like what you say about putting it with legumes but I just bought myco apply. Cheap and has everything and BIM can breed bad stuff too like verticillium or fusarium. I haven't noticed a difference though.

17. Playing catch up! GG4 likes to stretch up and flop over. I would sugget a net or cage and lots of string lol. Like LLB said, the buds need support, they like to get super big in week 8-9. Very skinny branches. I would suggest silica ans coconut water to beef them up. The silica didnt seem to have any positive effects that I could tell.

18. Ah ha! Thank you prepper I almost forgot I am out of Si. Was wondering why my clones were taking so long to root.

19. I've been wanting to try making BIM or IMO (basically same thing) for like 2 years now lol. never got around to it :rolleyes:

I think G45 cultures the PNSB from his local ponds and stuff. not really sure. It's a pretty common bacteria but needs light in order to grow.