Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Apartment neighbors smell weed through the vent

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by drawesome, Mar 7, 2015.

1. If Your really worried just put a towel over your vents, thumbtack it to where it's flush, spray with an ass load of febreeze. I'm just assuming this would work off of my thought process. Cheers

-Appreciate what you got cause one day it can all be gone-

2. Smoke the joints outside and use a vape like someone else already said inside.  I can't smell the vape in the next room if my wife is using it.  I can smell a lit joint two blocks away outside if the wind is right.  No need for a smoke buddy or anything else.  Vaping is better for you anyhow and helps your weed go further.  

3. As others have suggested, any kind of carbon filter works best. I've had trouble with SmokeBuddy but others swear by it. Here's a short list of ways to cut down on odor: http://bit.ly/1GTWblK

4. Burn cigarettes to cover up that smelly skunk. Oh wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. hahaha man that sucks back when i was younger around 16 i was living in some really ghetto apartments my neighbors did all type of crazy drugs and i was fucking cool with them sometimes i would open the door and they would be smoking on the porch and i would smoke with them and sometimes it would be the other way around those were the coolest fucking neighbors ever now i live in the suburbs full of rich people who would probably call the cops if they saw me smoking bud outside.

6. yea actually I did that. Made I huge smoke buddy basically that lasted a few years. Like $6-$7 total

7. My vape smells nothing like weed combusting. Vaped up in the back seat with the window cracked driver had no clue. LowKey

8. Get a vape or buy a smokebuddy. Don't bother with anything else. I wish I knew about smokebuddies years ago. Some much effort trying to eliminate the smell or sitting in front of the window with a blanket around me cause it's the middle of winter.

9. #29 sifika, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    All exhaust fans for all applications are always blown outdoors. (living spaces)

In an Apartment or Condo Building, the exhaust for bathrooms are (sometimes) stacked floor by floor. That being said, if a couple of them are on, but some are not, this could potentially create a 'negative pressure' in someones venting, which in turn sucks in someone else's "smells" as opposed to exhausting them out.

As for heating\\AC, most of the vents coming off of that stack will only branch into YOUR APARTMENT.

BUT, dryer exhaust, kitchen exhaust, and bathroom exhaust, are commonly ducted through the ENTIRE building, and can create negative pressures that send your smoke throughout the whole building.

Make sure nothing mechanical is on, block some vents with cardboard, or just use a smokebuddy. All 3 should work just fine.

10. I would just start farting directly into that vent whenever the need arose. If you know they're going to be huffing whatever comes through their grate, let 'er rip and laugh maniacally.

11. [​IMG] Shit buy 2 ! cheaper than getting busted[​IMG]

12. Use a sploof or smoke buddy, close the vents and/or open the window, and burn incense

13. Put dead prawns in their lounge. They won't smell weed any more

14. What? I didn't even know this could be a problem [​IMG]