Hemies and A/C

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 7thson, Mar 6, 2015.

1. I was just wondering if anybody has had herms due to the a/c hitting thier plants.I don't have light leaks or big temp swings(10 deg swing) root bound or other? The only thing I can think of is the a/c and the plants or plant are always the one's closest to the a/c that get them sob's.

Anybody?

2. low temps evidently can cause hermies...anything outside of the plants natural rhythm will cause stress. Ive heard lots of super heat stories but not too many cold temp stories. 

Anyway first question is wheres a pick of the herm

3. Each strain is different so maybe that cooler air that the plant gets might make one hermie but not another a different strain, what common sense tells me tho is it's more than a 10 degree swing right by where the Ac air is coming in. If you have a plant right near that it's going to experience a big change every time it kicks on. Which added stress multiple times a day deff can make a plant grow a wiener haha. Maybe move the plant away from there or think about a different entry point I have mine at the top vent in my tent blowing across so it naturally falls down on the plants.

G

4. Measure that cold plants radiant heat and compare it with the rest of the room

5. #5 7thson, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    No pics.

Ya,I was thinking of directing the vent up to avoid the contact.

No tool to measure with.I just need to redirect the cold temp or keep my plants a little shorter to avoid the temp difference.I didn't have any herms when I had shorter plants.

I know it's the a/c,just kinda thinking out loud.

6. Can u deflect it?

That's what I was thinking of doing.