Sickboys House Of Genetics Journal #2

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by SickBoy., Mar 6, 2015.

1. #41 SickBoy., Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    Hey man!

It's cool you get a chance to relax! I know how work can be crazy. It's the same for me. I am thankful I've been working in town! Getting to see my family every day is the best. Sounds like that headband is pretty good. I'm toking on some of my Strawberry Diesel! Tasty! An man I got so lucky. Today getting so many beans..... I was stoned. It's hard to remember. .more vivid. .less like a dream..

Anyhow Lots of Pheno Hunts to come!

2. #42 SickBoy., Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    Pheno Hunt #2

Sanctuary Gardens

Ravin x6

(The Purps(neon pheno) X Halo 2x)

Halo=(Romulan X The Purps)

[​IMG]

@SG1 & Minions!

Beware

New Kid On the block!!

3. Pheno Hunt #1

BC Bud Depot

The Purps

Females

#1 #2 #5 (from left to right)

17 days flower

[​IMG]

The Purps #1 tallest pheno

[​IMG]

The Purps #2

[​IMG]

The Purps #5. Short Indica pheno

[​IMG]

All 3 females are doing good. An making my 1000 watt room smell like berries!! There may be a keeper among these girls yet. If not I'll be forced to germ the remaining 7 The Purps beans I have an do a pheno Hunt!

4. Real curious bout the purps

5. Hey man!

Pull up a chair! I have lots of Pheno Hunts coming up Involving the Purps crosses as well. I'm glad to have ya!

6. Been waiting for something like this. Any more b c bud depot

7. No I just wanted The Purps from BC Bud Depot. This is the first of their gear I've ever ran.

8. Damn this is cool. Interested to see how this plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Hello friend

Pull up a chair! I'm glad to have ya!!

10. #50 SickBoy., Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Pheno Hunt #1

BC Bud Depot

The Purps #6 male

Flowering 19 days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let the pollen fall!

11. Ahh! I always forget how quickly into flower the boys like to pollen.

Looking mighty fine :)

Planning on throwing it on the girls soon?

12. Hey man

I believe for now I'm just going to collect my Purps pollen an secure it for long term storage. It's too early to tell if I have a keeper female. But when I do I'll hit it with the pollen so I I'll have seeds for the bank. But it will only be 1 branch an that's after I grow a huge tree out of the Purps. So it will be a while. An since I'm doing a pheno hunt on the Sanctuary Gardens Ravin it doesn't make much sense to try to hit it with the purps pollen even if I find a keeper because it has purps already multiple times in its linage.

13. #53 SickBoy., Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Future Pheno Hunt!

Grandaddy Purple Seeds

Kens Grandaddy Purp

10 Regular Seeds!

[​IMG]

My Kens GDP Arrived!

Ohhhh Yessss!!

There Will Be Pheno Hunts!

14. #54 SickBoy., Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    Pheno Hunt #1

BC Bud Depot

The Purps

21 days flower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All 3 girls have Male flowers and Female. There's no sure way to know what caused this so I chopped all 3 down this morning an threw them to the critters in the woods!

DIE! DIE! DIE!

Gracious Bugs!!

I also disposed of the clones I had. Except for 1 clone from the Purps #2. I will grow it out small an flower it to see if the hermie was stress induced or Genetics.

15. Hey bud.
    Damn brother that sucks! I hope it wasn't genetics and your nest one turns out ok

16. Hey brotha!

I've never had a plant Hermie on me. I looked at them yesterday an didn't see anything. This morning all 3 have some. So I chopped them . It's a bummer since it was my 1st Pheno Hunt. But I have lots more stuff coming up. And I have more The Purps seeds. Great genetics coming up! More Pheno Hunts!

17. I've read that flipping them to flower before two months has passed can sometimes trigger enough stress to hermie the plants :/ but seriously that would need to be early enough to really stress them out..

Idk just a thought maybe that was the reason? I hope not, but they are regular plant seeds which is even stranger.

Sorry you had to toss them out.. But hey now you can start a new project while also walking away with some awesome genetic pollen!!

18. Hey brother.

I really don't know what caused my Purps to hermie. Could of been stress or genetics. I chopped them ... But I will do another pheno hunt with the other 7 seeds I have in the future.

19. It is hard to do a real pheno hunt with just a few female and a couple males anyway.nit saying it can not be done but the art of pheno selection usually takes dozens of seeds. so many factors play a part in the cause of hermaphroditism..any stress root bound,to much or to little heat,over or under watering,to many nutes,major light leaks,timer malfunction. And those are usually the real reasons but most people want to go to the one that probably did. It cause it..genetics..so easy to blame the breeder instead of taking responsibility for our faults.so you saying could he stress was highly of you and most likely the correct reason..any on the gdp..make sure to care for them babies well.thry have a tendency to pop a lot or males witch is good in ways for finding keeper males and a gdp purple pheno that is short in stature is always a great building block for making new hybrids..I did a very small pheno hunt with them only using a 10 pack.i ran about 3 other packs of seeds of different strain at the same time and had a wonder germination rate and a good female to male ratio success except for those damn gdp.ended up with a male that showed sex really early in veg so I chopped him right aways.had 3 very stout males that took 7 to 10 days in bloom before showing sex so those were the 2 I kept..still have not ran the females in bloom because I switched to some landrace projects but thought I would tell ya about it seeing as your about to run some gdp..Goodluck on your run and hopefully your hermie situation gets fixed..only hermies I have ever ran into were from bag seed or me stressing them out..male sure to eliminate the factors that could be caused by you before you Crack the gdp beans. They have a tendency to also hermie or at least the like to show both sex in veg..I have seen it personally and found a few forums speaking of rhw same thing. Great strain but finicky when pheno selecting. .happy hunting!

20. Hey friend

Thanks for all the advise an words of wisdom. I have lots more hunts coming up!