Sickboys House Of Genetics Journal #2

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by SickBoy., Mar 6, 2015.

1. #1 SickBoy., Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2015
    Sickboys House Of Genetics

Hello fellow blades!

Here I start MY journey through cannabis breeding an selection. I'm striving for excellence and top shelf genetics! Join me in these Pheno Hunts, male selection and pollination!
    In this journal most plants will go completely untrained an will stay in small containers throughout their lives. In each pheno hunt I will choose the best female and or male for breeding.

Pheno Hunt #1

BC Bud Depot

The Purps

Day 34!
    [​IMG]

I have 6 Regular The Purps at day 34 in veg from seeds.

In this pheno hunt I am looking for a strong male to flower out and collect his pollen for long term storing. And if there is a female Pheno that is beyond
    expectation then I will have a keeper!

PHENO HUNT #1--- BC Bud Depot---THE PURPS. (Reg)

Results:
    -HERMIED.@ Week 3 flower. Only kept one #2 clone.
    Clone #2 grown out & flowered. HERMIED @ WEEK 2 OF FLOWER.
    Chopped and discarded.
    Results
    Bc Bud Depot
    The purps, 3 hermies. NO KEEPERS!

Pheno Hunt #2 --- Sanctuary Gardens--- Ravin (in progress)

Pheno Hunt #3 ---Ice River Genetics---Grapefruit Badass!

Results 3 phenos had male flowers as well as female.

2 phenos left have EXTREME LATE FLOWER NANNERS.

All 5 females discarded, 1 male discarded. NO KEPPERS.

2. Looking good. Don't you just love this!

3. #3 SickBoy., Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    Thanks man & I sure do brother! :metal:

4. Subbed along for the journey, I am interested in how that strain performs. I have some SoCal master kush from box bud depot in veg right now. Probably about two weeks in. How was your germination rate??

5. Hey man.

Pull up a chair. I'd love you have ya! I've never had that strain. My germ rate was 100% 6 for 6. I have 7 more of The Purps seeds still.

6. Not sure how I edit my posts but that was supposed to say "SoCal master kush by b.c. Bud depot lol not box depot. I had a bad batch of seeds I think, only 2 of the 12 seeds actually popped for me but the two I have are doing great. Can't wait to see those Purps going strong

7. Haha I knew what you meant though. An dang man 2 out of 12 is terrible. But there's so many factors that play when germination occurs. I'm sorry to hear you had such bad luck.

8. Never once had a problem tho...everytime i do bagseeds they pop and taje off...then i buy a pack for $75 and two get going lol kinda whacked

9. Hey man

In my experience bag seeds seem to always work . haha

10. Me too!!! I even tried 6 my way which always worked, and tried the other 6 the way thats recommended on many sites

11. Well your gonna lose many seeds in the future if you keep growing friend. It's part of it man.

12. Yessir...not too upset about it. At least i got the two lol should make a nice addition to my gene pool. Either male or female is fine with me...but praying for a new girl to make my wife even more jealous

13. #13 SickBoy., Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    Haha nothing to be upset about. Or make anyone jeleous.

14. A Pheno Hunt Update!

BC Bud Depot

The Purps

(Reg)

Day 37!

[​IMG]

15. Pheno Hunt #1

BC Bud Depot

The Purps

(Reg)

Day 39!

[​IMG]

I took 2 clones of each an just put them in the 1000 watt room to flower. Tomorrow will be day 1 of 12/12.

16. Subbed here too now bro.

17. #17 SickBoy., Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    Pheno Hunt #1

Bc Bud Depot

The Purps

Vegged 40 days from seed.

Day 5 Flower!!!

[​IMG]

The purps plant #3 plant #6 and plant #4 are all 3 males. As you can see plant #4 (right) is much taller then #3 & #6. He smells like pine and he has poor side branching an his height makes him too tall for my male chamber. So I am discarding plant #4 now .

[​IMG]

Males #3 & #6. I am going to keep both of these for a couple more weeks before I make my decision. They both are very short plants with strong side branching. #3 smells like skunk when I rub his stem. (Haha). And #6 smells the Loudest/craziest! He smells like Rubber Cement and berries! That's best way I can describe him. So the male pheno is still up in the air for my keeper pollen.

[​IMG]

The Females! Plants #2 #5 & #1. All get to keep flowering all the way out.

So my male to female ratio was 50/50. I have 7 more regular seeds of The Purps. I may have to do that 2nd pheno hunt if I don't like 1 of these 3 girls well enough to keep.

18. Hey brother

I'm glad to have you over here as well! I wanted to dedicate a journal to breeding an pheno Hunts. So I can keep growing trees in my other journal!

19. Right on! Good idea. Lol.
    This is awesome so far. I'm already rooting for male #6 with the rubber cement/ berry smell! Looking forward to learning from you here.

20. Hey man

I'm totally into this. But I'm learning as well so we shall all learn together. I refuse to just pollen chuck. I will seek out keeper phenos before I pollinate anything! And I'm rooting for male #6 as well. He stinks so good already. And I'm rooting for female #5. Haha!