When they put makeup on dead people for viewings, do they clean it off before they put them in the ground?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by NakedBlunt, Mar 6, 2015.

1. I don't know how much sense it would make to clean if off after but do they keep on the outfits and whatnot....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You know, honestly that's a good question!!

I can't say I have an answer.....

3. They get buried in the clothes and with the make up. After the viewing they usually just close the coffin and everybody goes to the cemetery and it's buried. They will do an open casket like that and then cremate the remains, and when you're cremated you're naked so in that case they would take the clothes off.

4. Everyone just oughta get burned. Embalming and all that shit is outdated. Worms don't eat you-, well they do, but you're not you anymore, you're just bones, touched up skin and stuffed with rags & pliable wires. Did you think they could fold your arms across your chest if you were still in rigor mortis? It's fucking obscene how much it costs to put you in a whole in the ground. Tell your family you want to get cremated. I tell mine all the time but they're like "Stop, you're scaring us, you need help."

Chhh, whatevs.

5. ha my pops was an undertaker. He's told me some funny stories but then some just straight creepy ones...

6. They keep everything on..clothes makeup etc. Gotta look fresh for the worms!

❤️

7. Gotta look fly for the dead sluts

[​IMG]

8. i've always thought maybe to be dumped in the ocean or space. or burned and then dumped into the ocean or space.

9. makes for some sexy zombies

10. #10 *guest, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2015

Yeeeah I'm pretty sure there's going to be some definite regulations against just dumping a dead body in the ocean.... your ashes should be fine though [​IMG]

11. you can have your ashes shot into space that would be cool...just sucks you're with a ton of other peoples ashes

Just gotta find somewhere no one else has had their ashes distributed yet

Like the local Pizza Hut or something

13. I want to be turned into a tree

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427809955.468833.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427809966.619939.jpg

[​IMG]

14. They could feed the starving with all that meat! 

15. The more I think about burial or cremation, I think I'd rather just be left out in the woods for the critters.........

come collect my bones later......................

16. Don't leave us hanging are you going to share some stories or what?

well he was one back in the 70's but once he told me while he was emblaming someone their fingers and toes started to twich. They would play games on eachother by laying on the table with the cloth on them then when the person comes to emblam or do something with them they jump up. and they go on and on lol

18. It's a gross practice, in part because the made-up dead look worse than they did when they were alive and sick.  I remember my little nephew saying about his made up dad as he lay in the coffin - "that's not my dad."  Even some of the adults said the same thing.  It could have been a perception tinge with denial, but there was much truth in those statements.

19. I want the least done to me that is legally acceptable. I'd love to simply be thrown in the woods and left for the animals. Religion, and the belief that we have souls, has complicated the body disposal issue and made it expensive as well. 

20. Lol, "body disposal." I think it's called a sky burial when you leave the body out in nature.