What is this part of the bong?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Cl0udNine, Mar 6, 2015.

1. This might sound like a stupid question. So i got my first bong today as a gift and noticed this.  What is this for? Does it need to be covered when i use the bong? the only bongs iv'e seen have had only one part where the bowl goes. 

IMG_20150305_191921.JPG

2. #2 Omega369, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    Looks like some sort of carb hole

You have to cover it with your thumb when taking a hit, then take it off to inhale

You don't need to remove the bowl when inhaling like you would normally do on a non-carb hole bong

Tbh a bit silly place/pointless since your bowl is removable. Makes water spillage more possible, plus your thumb might become stinky.

Personally what I would do is get a test tube stopper to plug the hole, and when inhaling just lift the bowl.
    [​IMG]

3. It's just because the stem and bowl are fixed. Meaning you would have to lift the entire stem out for each clear. I would cork the hole and buy a downstem and slide separate. This would give you the option to pull the bowl without harming the stem. Hope this helps.. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 homestarstoner, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    cork it up

5. Nigga rig a second bowl to fit that bitch.

6. Besides more chances of spillage I don't see any reason to plug it... It's there why not use it? It's easier than pulling the bowl out every time.

7. its ugly in most peoples opinion, that and useless since most people dont want to keep one hand on the back of the bong a carb instead of just using the lighter hand to pull the slide. 

8. That's really weird. It looks like a carb or something. You could use it as a carb or get a test tube stopped or duck tape over it and just use slide

9. almost looks like a double female to pack to slides lol. cheap pieces

10. Its a stupid idea cause when you clear it you get all air and it doesn't keep bubbling, defeats the purpose of having a water filtrated piece

11. huh?

12. agreed 100% why would i want to pull air and not any water pull out of a water pipe. IMHO a carbbed bong is like stale smoke when you clear it that way over through water.
    hes saying when you clear it its just straight air no water pull

13. What's the point of filtering normal air through water?

14. Large particles like ash are collected, and a large amount of the fine particles of the smoke itself are also absorbed by the water,

15. I get that, but as your clearing it, and drawing in normal air, why must it be filtered?

16. I personally disagree with the whole premise that bongs filter anything other than large particles (ash, unburned bud) from the smoke.  I think it cools the smoke a fair amount but that's it.