SICKENING: Sheriffs From 3 States Join Forces To Take Aim At Colorados Marijuana Law

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by LucidReality, Mar 5, 2015.

1. #1 LucidReality, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    WASHINGTON -- Twelve sheriffs from three states said in a lawsuit filed Thursdaythat Colorado's law legalizing marijuana for recreational use creates a "crisis of conscience" by forcing them to uphold state law when their oath of office also includes a promise to uphold the federal Constitution.

Sheriffs from the neighboring states of Nebraska and Kansas said their local law enforcement budgets were "burdened" by marijuana that has shown up in their counties. In December, Nebraska and Oklahoma filed a lawsuit arguing that federal law prohibits the production and sale of marijuana, and should take precedence over the will of Colorado voters.

We think that what Colorado has done is illegal and its unconstitutional. I believe that this case is going to have national ramifications, and if we win then we can reverse what is looking like a surrender to the pro-marijuana crowd."

If the Supreme Court were to rule in favor of any of the challenges to Colorado's law, all state marijuana laws, in any form, could be in danger of collapsing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/05/colorado-marijuana-lawsuit_n_6808358.html

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_27649720/recreational-marijuana-lawsuit-colorado-sheriffs-and-prosecutors-challenge

2. #2 dankness420, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    Wow they still haven't changed the federal law regarding marijuana.  15 months since Colorado legalized.  US government needs to get there shit together.

3. It's not sickenng. Its expected.

It complicates their job. If was your job to enforce propaganda, you wouldnt be part of the police state if you didnt.

Not defending them, simply explaining their mentality.
    ~ poke

P.s. in cali prop 215 was corrupted the moment it was takien advantage of for profit. No doubt the same is happening there and especially in neighboring states. Plus, cops gotta stick together, theres power in numbers. The same holds true for citizens so remember that when the time comes.

4. So they basically want to say fuck the 10th amendment, to enforce federal regulation....makes total sense to me....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. The sheriff is an elected official. The folks in those counties should vote accordingly.  Of course if those counties reside in BFE, then...

6. Unconstitutional? Wtf.

They are going against the majority of voters. That's defying what our Country is based on--public sovereignty.

Sent from my i

7. Good, law enforcement needs a crisis of conscience 

8. Good thing Bob Beauprez didn't become Colorado's governor, he's opposed to legalization and wanted to put an amendment 64 repeal vote on the ballot. If he was governor right now, he'd probably be trying to help the plaintiffs in these lawsuits win.

9. Well I live in Kansas and it sucks right now I know that there are 2 states people that put in bills to legalize marijuana and I hope one of them pass because Kansas has some of the hardest laws on cannabis and they really screw people