First time hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by davinci123, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Yea only thing is I used 1 teaspoon instead of ju 1/4 I don't want to damage my plant
    Thing I should change the water

2. If it's a gallon bucket, just dump 1/2 to 3/4 of it, and top back up with water.

3. So I'd probly have to reset my pH huh? Also if I make a whole gallon of nutrients could I jus add nutrients to regular water and it be the same as 1/4 like doing 25% nutrition made water and 75% regular water

4. Well yeah, you're going to want to know the pH.
    I suppose you could mix full strength, and dilute it. I don't see the point though. 

5. Yea I suppose that's true wen I could jus dump 1/4 to begin with

6. I'm only offering suggestions, I know nothing about those nutes. Hence, I wouldn't even start out at 1/4 tsp per gallon. I'd start with half that and see what the plant tells me.

7. True but still it helps

8. So I got rid of the water put new 1/4 tsp of nutes in and it got my pH to level and stop fluctuating gna giveu guys an update in a few days or wen things change for he better or worse
    Hopefully the burn gets better

9. Honestly man. You need to get you some nutes specifically for hydro. They arent expensive for a simple 2 or 3 part nute line. Genral hydro is real cheap and does an excellent job. A good thing to keep in kind is youll get what you put in.

10. [member='laztjitter'] is absolutely right. You are putting a lot of effort in to this, but will likely struggle without the right nutrients. The Flora line from Gen Hydro is great, and I use it for growing more than just Cannabis. If budget is a concern, check out the Jungle Juice 2 part nutrient system from Advanced Nutrients. It's pretty good and you can purchase all 4 bottles you'd need (both veg and flowering consist of 2 parts each) for around $25.

I'm using products from both Gen Hydro and Advanced Nutrients in my latest grow (Flora on 2 plants, Jungle Juice on another,) and can tell you that using either will make for a much more rewarding experience.

11. ^^^ Absolutely.

12. Dutch masters gold line
    a/b grow
    A/b flower

That's what I started with in dwc had no issues for a year. Then got the rest of the line and I would have to say they are great nutes and grow nice plants.

13. If you don't know what PH is, and if you can't figure it out then you should not be growing anything.

14. lay off the dude man. He is trying. Not everyone has the means to buy things. And not everyone has the knowledge. He is here to learn and he is trying. Werent you a complete noob at one time or another and didnt know anything?

15. Well said. To add to the ph discussion, I don't personally buy into the theory of having a perfect ph. Maybe I'm just lucky with my water and nutrients, but I haven't tested my mix in years. Hell, I don't even know where my meter is to be honest. In the time I've gone without testing I've had amazing results. "Set it and forget it" works great for me. This is my current grow, at 8weeks into veg.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427733345.624705.jpg
    Haven't ph'd her once.

That being said, I don't recommend my method for everyone, just stating that it works for me.

Attached Files:

16. Yup, sounds like someone needs to burn one, chill, and reevaluate why we're all here. 
    It ain't no competition.
    I hope we all make it!

17. Like everyone said chill out yo and the post ur replying to waz like last week I've got all my pH stuff now we all know cuz I posted it but u must have over looked it

Don't worry be happy

18. Do these Leaves look droopy to u guys wat should I do pH and everything is good

Attached Files:

19. #219 laztjitter, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    She looks a little droopy.. did you have it in a plug or rockwhool? If so it my be to moist. Also may not be getting enough oxygen in the res
    I dont think it would be a plug or rockwhool being to moist thinking about it. With the roots in the res she may just need some more o2

20. It doesn't look bad. What nutrients are you feeding it? Also, I think you might want some better lights, it'll make everything much easier for you.

Good man on the PH meter!