Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Question on making a single dose edible

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Dustin_Lumbago, Mar 4, 2015.

1. I am a MMJ user, and I prefer an edible to eliminate pain. The canna butter recipes use $300 worth of MJ which is a very expensive cooking class trail for me. I screwed up $50 worth of grass and a stick of butter, so I have been experimenting with a way to make a single dose.  I haven't been totally sucessful at that. I use the amount I smoke, and saute it in ~ 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. I keep the temperature in the 350-380F range for a couple of minutes until the ground 'weed'  quits bubbling. I've picked those temps from the vaporizors, advertised here. They seem to work with only 3-10 seconds of exposure to that range of temperatures. It should decarb the grass into active THC. I then wipe all the little pan out with a piece of bread, top with bruchetta sauce, and eat it. I get what I'll call  mild head effects, but very little body effects.
    In your opinion what am I doing wrong? Are edibles double dose what one would normally smoke?
    I have a limited budget in retirement, and would like to quit wasting $$ My go to edible is YiLo gummy at what i guess is 20-30 mg dose.

2. #2 puddleglum, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    In my opinion what you are doing wrong is guessing how to make edibles instead of following a trusted guide. 350 is too hot temperature, a couple of minutes is too short cooking, and it sounds like you didn't decarb (or even measure!) your raw ingredients. It is also possible your dosage is too low (but tough to say since you didn't tell us how much you ate).

I recommend you read the BadKat's CannaPharm sticky thread, as it has clear scientific explanations and lots of instructional photos/videos. If you have good attention to detail then you won't waste herb on failed experiments. Check back with me if you have any specific questions after doing your research. I am happy to help. :)

ps You mention financial constraints... Edibles need not necessarily be made from the highest-quality flowers. Do you know anyone who might be willing to donate some trim, shake, kief, or hash to the cause? That would be a fun low-budget way to practice your edibles recipes and technique. Offer your grower half of the finished edibles as compensation; it could be a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship. ;)

3. #3 Abe421, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    I believe the temps your cooking the weed as is way too high. Around 380F is where the weed begins to burn and releases the THC. It's good for gaping where you will just inhale the cannabinoids that burn off, but in this case of edibles, you don't want that. Cooking at around 300F to 325F is good.
    You should look into Firecrackers, they are a very easy and simple recipe. It requires only about .5 (or how much you use in a smoke/vape session) per serving and you can make single servings as well as multiple ones. If you would like I can post the recipe on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. just smoke it, bro. enjoy. :bongin:

5. ! Thanx for the quick response. Elucidating: as far as dosage amounts, i have no scales to weigh the  dose, I am strictly an enduser, not a dope dealer with apparatus. The amount just fills my vape pen, and I don't tamp it down so a gram might last six or seven sessions, so I estimate 170-180 milligrams? The Cloupor pen vape burns more than vapes, and my lungs/throat can't take more than one chamber of that. As far as decarb: grass smoked in a pipe decarbs and is vaporized in one glorious step, my quick google brings up an ignition point of 260 C (5OO F). I'll recheck those links you recommended, but I am not averse to eating the entire dose, once your start taking metamucil, you realize fiber is fiber what ever the source. I once shredded and ate a little grocery sack with my bran flakes, and it just passes like any other insoluble fiber. My idea was, a violent decarb, trap the then activated THC and other alphabet compounds in oil and flower, then eat it all. I thought that would more than make up for the 'medicine' that goes up in smoke when reeferized. The difference in an experimental chemist, and a cook, is the cook makes something that tastes GOOD, and is better paid because of it. Finally the wise cracker {Quacker?) on post 3 is right. I spent my quarterly budget on a Firefly and it was a very different experience than sucking down a Lucky Strike unfiltered. [Dads old go to brand from the WWII ration issue]. Maybe if I wore an apron, those firecracker will do the trick??!! I wish you clear skies, and smooth air when you fly Canabis Air.....Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. When I want a single serving or a coulple.
    1. Decard bud at 250 for 30min in tinfoil ball
    2.microwave coconut oil till liquid
    3. Place oil and decarbed bud in cupcake pan slot and cover with foil.
    4. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
    5. Let sit and cool completely
    6. Pour into smaller container and let solidify.
    Always works for me and 1g of top shelf bud gives me 3 very strong servings

It's just a plant

• Like Like x 1