THE INFAMOUS SOLO CUP CHALLENGE 5

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by PIFFCLOUD22, Mar 4, 2015.

1. #381 MJsGirl, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Mr. PIFF!!!   it's   been   a  long   time   boss,  glad to have ya back  ... 

View attachment 154346

2. Soo which one would you suggest I use for replacement MJ? I don't see her coming back anytime soon..

3. How exactly do we win? Just grow the dopest dope?
    Does voting take place?
    Sorry if this has been covered..

4. Im not growing in a solo cup currently, but rather a 2 1/2 oz (shot glass sized) cup. Obviously because it is smaller it needs more water, but if you micro-growers could give me a ballpark idea of how many times per day I should water, it'd be much appreciated :)

It's a 12/12 from seed grow under a 90watt LED UFO, obviously in soil.

5. I'm guessing it will be similar to the 12/12 from seed in a pill bottle run I did a while back before I started the (ARE YOU THE MASTER OF THE MICRO)thread. ...I had a sea of green in pill bottles:lol::lol:...was watering them like 3 to 5 x's a day. ..then I started to tinker with some ideas and came up with a diy flood tray and would let them soak for a good hour and drain the table....I only had to do that three times a day and they loved it.....I averaged like 3.5 grams per plant in 3 oz and 5 oz of soil. ..Hope this helps

6. Mind.... blown....

I haven't seen that thread yet but now I must! I'm incredibly impressed Mr. dirt[​IMG]

I've been growing bonsai for many years and studying how nature grows ancient trees with minimal soil. Hence, I am truly amazed at your micro exploits.[​IMG]

8. Agreed. Mr Dirt would you be so kind to link that thread?

Cannabelle im literally on the hunt for a nice branch to clone from a tree in my backyard. Im thinking a white burch or a canadian maple. They will be bonsai.. this is my first run at it. Maybe pm me some tips?

9. Trying the Aero garden auto grow lol.

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

@Mr. dirt
    That thread is massive! 97 pages so far. Yeah, a link to the SOG pill bottle grow would be appreciated, Mr. dirt. Hugs[​IMG]

@Mr. JDO
    Bonsai takes years of patience to develop. Some friends of mine started the IBC, Internet Bonsai Club about 20 years ago. The IBC is still thriving on the internet.  This is a great place for to gain in depth knowledge of bonsai.  You can Google them. I've since ceased doing Bonsai socially due to health reasons so I don't interact with the IBC any more.

Birch and Canadian maple have excellent bonsai potential. I am a proponent of using native flora rather than imported material because you have access to native soil microorganisms and live in the perfect climate. Since I grew up in Hawaii, deciduous trees are off limits unless you have a large refrigerated unit to induce fall and winter cycles. When I was a teenager, I pretended that the Maui Wowie were Japanese maples. I didn't imbibe cannabis back then because I didn't need the medicine. Now I grow cannabis for medicine. Cannabis can be turned into darling bonsai trees with tiny leaves just like Japanese maple bonsai.

Isn't there a  section on this forum to discuss general gardening?

11. umm I'm not too tech savvy so I'm not sure on how to post a link but I'm sure someone will chime in and post a link to the thread

12. Yes there is a general gardening section, I thought I had a thread on there showing off my greenhouse but I haven't seen it for a few months lol. It just disappeared off the face of grasscity haha

MJsGirl I didn't have time to start my second batch of seeds, so the entries for me are Hashplant x 4, Elite Auto Mix x 1, and Sweet Skunk x2 or whatever the heck I posted a few days ago haha. I'll take some pics of the little buggers tonight. Starting my next batch today, life has been keeping mW really busy as of late :(

13. Ill see if I can dig it up.. where can I find it? Micro grow section?

14. Great info! I will check out IBC right now. If I do a maple or birch would I have to introduce fall and winter (stick them outside) .

There is a general gardening area. Perhaps you should start a bonsai thread? If there already isnt.

15. Heres my update! Had a ph problem the other day she's dident like it but she's doin better now :D

Attached Files:

16. Ohhh lord. Checked on my solo today. Shes hurting pretty badly! Im totally new to the solo cup and ive never seen a plant wilt overnight.
    1427760722432.jpg
    Im assuming roots? Anyone have any ideas lol soil was super dry so I hit her with some tea lol ohhhh lord....

17. I just had this happen to my little blue dream solo John! Sucks.. And mine hasn't come back.. I wish you luck!

18. If the soil was really dry she was probably thirsty. Might have a cup full of roots which means your gonna have o water more frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. That was my thinking. So I doused her heavy with a tea. Its been a few hours, might go check on her.