Is this a Hermie or a Swollen Calyx Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wyx87ui67xc34, Mar 4, 2015.

1. #1 wyx87ui67xc34, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Well i think this is a hermie, i really hope not! It was a bag seed of some really strong sour deisel.

It has many pistols and is already starting to show flower, but i found this ball shaped growing on it. Could it be a swollen Calyx or is it a Hermie!

Today is day 9 into flowering.

If it is a hermie could i constantly clip off the balls all through out the grow and save the bud?

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Give it 48 hours but it looks like a male pod

Agreed.

Are there any pistils anywhere? That looks like a male plant just starting to show its sex.

4. Yes there are pistols all over the plant, as you can see on the top of plant its already starting to flower.

that is the only male pod ive seen on the plant

5. Rip it off if its the only one....tweezers or needle nose work better than fingers

6. will it grow back?

7. Not usually in the same spot but you need to check the plant every 48-72 hours for any more till you chop it down

8. alright i pinched it off, it looks like the only one right now. the plants not too big, i think ill be able to keep track of it.

im just afraid all the others of the same seeds are going to be hermies.

Do you think its possible that all of the seeds are hermies? It's bag seed from sour d

9. #9 greenthumbs21, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    Nope....seeds can be different phenotypes or (children, parent, grandparent) if you cloned that problem plant.....it would show up forever.....not seed so much...you dont really know till you grow them but seed or clone....if you make the environment better for next gen....it will treat you better.

Only god knows if you end up with all herms.... but i can take some herms and make them produce fine with a more dialed in environment than others

10. I would wait it out a bit more, but looks like a male sack.. Keep snipping em off! I had my plant show some hermie signs in week 5 or so of flower, snipped the little pods off and kept moving, week 7 now, and still going strong :) 

11. okay thanks for all the help everyone :) 

I'm gonna pay close attention to my crop and hopefully it won't get out of hand. If so ill just toss her... or him.. whatever you wanna call it

Cheers!  :bongin:

12. The minute you feel your problem is out of hand is the minute you want to start another seed....GOOD LUCK!!!

13. Whats the word?

14. it was definitly a male pollen sac. i cut it off and it still hasnt grown back. she is now flowering on every top and there are no signs of anymore sacs yet :)

15. #15 mickey100189, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Is this a swollen calyx. . It has two small Amber hairs coming out doesn't that mean it's a calyx.. the reason I ask is be cause there is like 20 of them n different spots.. the r big but there is not two in one spot.. anyone have any info that could help me

Attached Files:

16. #16 AugustWest, Mar 8, 2015
    ^^

fat calyx..

17. #17 mickey100189, Mar 8, 2015
    Both?? Thank u very much man I was getting scared.if that's the case I gave two plants away I vegged for a month and a half with good nutrients away cause I thought it was a hermi. Lol live and learn.. (was my first time)

18. I got flowers with fat calyx like that but i was told the same after i went n pinch em off bout two wks ago but today they are swelling with fat buds

19. nice glad u have a female lol.. this is my first time so I'm so excited to see buds.. I want to fast forward time lol

20. Oh man sucks you tossed 2 healthy gals!!! but hey like you said live and learn

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app