Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana cheaper than beer?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by highaboveseattle, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Tolerance to alcohol is tolerance to not dying via poison. It should be more expensive by definition. While you smoke burnt plant matter, you don't need a tolerance to stay awake and fight off hungriness, but you do need food and something to do

2. I get an 8th of dank for $40 (if I buy a half) and it'll last me a week. Back when I drank heavily i would smash a 12 pack of Busch light ($7) in a night. I personally get off cheaper by smoking.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. When you can get your concentrates at $12.50 a gram it's cheaper than eating. Imagine when it's fully legal. I imagine well trimmed buds will be the premium product but still cheap as premium cigarettes. But growing weed in bulk and sending the whole plant through an industrial extractor ought to be able to produce concentrates on the same economies of scale as decaf coffee.

We're talking dirt cheap, commodity cheap like wheat and corn products. That's what I'm waiting for. As of now I'm definitely enjoying CA's cheap medical weed already.

4. In BC, liquor taxes make smoking bud much more economical for me. I smoke daily and go through an ounce a month for 140$, when I was drinking it would be 25$ a 12 case and that might last 3 days. If you do the math that's 250$ a month minimum.

I'll smoke bud over drinking any day

5. If someone 'fronts' you a beer, chances are they dont expect you to pay them back. 

6. Right now the concept of fronting someone weed is simply a matter of cost. When it's cheap people don't front, they bum. Reference, cigarrettes.