[Help]Low Ceiling Lighting

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Virtual, Mar 3, 2015.

1. 16' deep x 8' wide x 4' tall

I was thinking 4 1000w liquid cooled lights on movers. 
    Maybe wide angle leds?
    IDK, looking for advice.

The height is actually 3.5' to 4.5' (rafters/support beams) spaced out on ceiling.

Not actually going to attempt this until I can get the logistics figured out. There are perks to this space besides the dimensions.

2. #2 InkOnMyFanLeaves420, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    4x 1000 watt lights in a 4 foot high spacr is gunna be hot.. Consider going led or t5 .. Your gunna end up in flower burning your top colas .. Sog it definetly and consider the led .. But if you have to go hid then go with 400-600w lights on wide angle reflectors.. 6x 600 watt bulbs will cover more width and 8x 400 watt bulbs will do the same.. But that 1000w his is gunna be big bulky and take up 8inch of the 4' .. Leaving all that heat to be moved .. The 600's run cooler and 400's as well .. Your still within 3 feet so light loss is relatively low .. Just my opinion but I know it what its like to burn your biggest cola due to height restrictions... Led lights are 3" thick and t5's 4".. Wide angle reflectors start at 6"

3. Almost forgot that the higher the bulb the higher the heat signature on your roof .. Making it stand out to IR cameras.. Plus led lights run cheaper .. Just so damn pricey .. T5's are cheap and you can flower and veg on them with a simple bulb change .. You'll just need to get a lot of them

4' ceiling will be very tight, and things will get hot. LED's combined with large CFL's might be your best bet... even then, you might need air conditioning.

5. I'm running a grow in my crawlspace now with 5 foot high ceilings, using two of the new gavita 6/750 double ended lamps. I could not do this without air conditioning (I have created a tent, which is 10'x5'x4'). I am creating a new flower room now because it's a bit too much work with that low of ceilings (hard to do maintenance/watering on plants), not to mention I'm probably spending more on electricity trying to cool that small area than I would with ceilings closer to 7-8'. U can do what ur saying, I wouldn't do 1000 watters, though. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum