Help with Autos seedling in Coco

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SensiDilla, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hi,
    I have 3 autos seedlings, Day 3 from sprout. 2 are in their final 11L pot, 60/40 coco perlite mix, 1 is in a small party cup with the same mix.
    I will transplant this soon into another 11L pot, just wanna check if the growth get stunted too much by transplanting autos, as people tend to agree that is better to start straight into the final pot with autos.

This is my second attempt. I failed my first attempt by over watering, as I had a seedling in a very large pot 18LT of 100% coco (no perlite). It didn't die, but after 3.5 weeks it was growing so slow that I decided to try with autos.

I don't want to fuck it up again, at least not  the same way lol
    So
    I basically watered each 11LT pot with abt 1.5lt of phed water (5.8), I didn't get any run off. I just made sure the top was moist. On the other side i watered the party cup til I had a bit of run off, not sure how much water i used for that, but not much. Then I placed the seeds.
    all under 24 hrs cfl (24 hrs coz I needed to keep the temperatue to 25 C for germination); they sprouted after about 72 hours, nice and easy. No additional water or spray water has been used after initial watering.
    Scared of over watering i waited 2 more days until I started seeing patches of dry coco throughout the surface.. So yesterday when I checked em (about 48hrs from sprout), I saw a few interesting things. 1 seedling was slightly bent half way thru the stem, like at an agle of 45; the seedling in the party cup had the first set of true leaves slightly curling toward. The coco surface seemed dry, so I thought maybe they re thirsty. so i watered: 30 ml for each 11Lt pot, with a syringe around the sprout.
    about 40ml for the one in the party cup, as I thought "this is gonna dry faster".
    the temperature is between 25-26; inside a tent so it s a good environment.
    Since i watered it seemed like the bent got better.

How often do you water seedling in coco/perlite mix (60/40) after germination (in a party cup)?
    How often do you water autos seedling in coco/perlite mix after germination in their final pot?

Here s my pictures. I think the one in the party cup seems over watered.
    Let me know what you think.

Attached Files:

2. From what I've read auto don't like transplants, I just started my autos couple weeks ago right into 3 gal pots, the growth slowed for a few days (roots developing) now everyday I see new upward growth and branching growth. I'm sure you wanna loose the solo cups and go straight to final pots all I can advise. Some og will probably have more to say good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. there are 3 x 30 w cfls at 3-4 inches away, so the bent should'n t be due to streching in search of light.

4. Thanks for passing by.
    Yes gotblunts, that is what I read as well. Start straight into your final pot. That is what I ve done with 2 of my seeds. I just put the final 1 in that small cup as after my firs failed growth, am very scared of having large pot with small seedling. So i thought, let s try different things and see which one work best for me...

5. True, when I started with my seedlings in a big pot I would usually only use a shot glass till it breaks the soil, then I usually have a solo
    Cup I use, but I usually only use half of the cup, that's all I can give you advice on watering and make sure go around the seedling and not just on the root zone, really hope someone else can help you, I've been through the trial and error on here and think I'm finally comfortable with my setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Hello guys,

Need help with this. My humidity is way up .i've been reading some threads that say that I need to open the tent vents so it will suck fresh air from the outside since there's a vacuum inside there will be no air exiting from them just the fresh air coming in so no smell would come out of the tent. Is this true? The only air exiting the tent would be the exhaust air no matter how many vents are open?
    attached you will find three different humidity readings in 3 hours.
    highest one would be with no vents open, middle with one And what I found optimal would be the lower one. now i'm dow to 50%
    also attached a diagram of my setup and tent openings wich are all the same size and look the same as the one I'm using as exhaust from the tent . I also putted in an oscilaron fan inside (one of them blade-less ones so the low setting is crap and ended up piting it on nearly the highest setting so it blows facing upwards and oscilating.
    Also I think one of the sprouted seedlings looks dry. using 50/50 coco-perlite and the soil gets very dry too quick, i've been watering them daily only inside small pots witch are bottomless and just buried inside 11lts pots. Should I water the whole pot then?
    One is looking too yellow and in another thread a guy told me not to worry about my first set of leaves but man am I worried they just look dry or burnt. I'm new and don't know the difference. All i see on it is that the only pointy set of leaves she has has its points curled up a little bit. Is this because the lamp is too close. 18" 400 watt virtual sun with veg bulb.
    Pictures attched and i would greatly appreciate any help.

7. Your thread jacking, Go start a thread of your own :D