Potential Stealth Grow Cab

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Stealth_Grow, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hey all, first post here.
    I'm currently thinking of having a little stealth cab on the go in my attic conversion with the little cabinet I've acquired. I would like to try have a little sog in it (if possible at all)
    The dimensions of the inside of the cab are

H - 25.5", D - 14.5", W - 34"

From what I've read I need to use white matt emulsion for the inside.
    What do you all reckon on these strains? - Lowryder, Special Queen #1 (7 weeks) and Speedy Chile (6 weeks). What others have a short flowering period and short in height that could be used? With the SQ#1 and SC I can take cuttings from them and would save money in the long run not having to constantly buy seeds and run them 12/12 from seed, again saving money on electricity. Has anyone done SQ#1 and SC 12/12 from seed or even just 1 week veg? I'm hoping to harvest 1/2 to 1.5oz every other week if possible.
    Would a 250w HPS be suitable for this size cab?

S_G

2. You can't go 12/12 from seed or they will be weak .. You have to start 18/6 and when they are tall enough and strong enough you force it to flower .. Your stems will snap in flower if they don't have that short veg time to gain vigor. And sog yeilds the same as one plant under the same light ... So your best bet is to do one or two plants and focus on mainlining them .. Which would produce big colas and you would have less trimming... Lowryder is dope tho .. I grew it a few years back .. Lots of upkeep on SoG tho

3. Edit : what I meant to say is your lowryder you can't 12/12 the other two you can.. Lowryder grows compact but not fast enough.. You want something with a 7 week or less finish for 12/12 from seed .. The other two grow compact fast .. Don't know why I didn't type lowryder ... Lol

4. Haha, I wouldn't 12/12 the lowryder. But would try the SQ#1 and SC on 12/12. How many lowryders would fit in that cab? And would you recommend the 250w hps or cfl in there?

S_G

5. Its not about how many you can fit .. Because I have a 5x5 tent that I use for flower . I put 6 mainlined FEMS in there and get a a few ounces more than my buddy who has 10 none mainlined plants.. Its pretty average to find that you get a lb for every 1000w of hps light regardless of amount of plants.. HST and LST help increase bulk and clean organics help taste and odor.. Proper harvesting helps THC levels.. So your focus should be on how much you want to trim at the end .. How much time you have to invest in trimming and training and over all how much you already know . .. So I guess my answer is his ever much you want.. Me personally I would go 2-4 and decide to invest time in training .. Google image search "cannabis mainlining" and look at the pics of huge colas .. Why bother with 10 plants when you can do one ya know.. Your limited due to space but you can still bring in a qp if you do it right .. And personally I would go cfl or led .. How will be rough to cool .. And take up a lot of space ... You can use quality low profile LEDs or bloom phase CFLs .. Supplement them both with extra light tho.. More luminens means more quantity .. Hope that helps... Remember you still need to vent that space from time to time regardless of heat

6. Its not about how many you can fit .. I have a 5x5 tent that I use for flower . I put 6 mainlined FEMS in there under a 1000w hps supplemented with 90w LEDs and get a few ounces more than my buddy who has 10 non-mainlined plants.. I get around 2.3 lbs dry per harvest Its pretty average to find that you get a little over a lb for every 1000w of hps light regardless of amount of plants.. HST and LST help increase bulk and clean organics help taste and odor.. Proper harvesting helps THC levels.. So your focus should be on how much you want to trim at the end .. How much time you have to invest in trimming and training and over all how much you already know . .. So I guess my answer is his ever much you want.. Me personally I would go 2-4 and decide to invest time in training .. Google image search "cannabis mainlining" and look at the pics of huge colas .. Why bother with 10 plants when you can do one ya know.. Your limited due to space but you can still bring in a qp if you do it right .. And personally I would go cfl or led .. How will be rough to cool .. And take up a lot of space ... You can use quality low profile LEDs or bloom phase CFLs .. Supplement them both with extra light tho.. More luminens means more quantity .. Hope that helps... Remember you still need to vent that space from time to time regardless of heat

7. I've looked at mainlining. The buds from them look absolutely stunning. How long would I need to veg & train one of those photo strains in that small space?

S_G

8. I wouldn't do 8 on one plant I would do 4 and if they grow fast I would say 3 weeks .. Lowryder when I did sog took 3 weeks to manifold it twice making 4 .. Just make sure you LST it too to get it to grow out and lollipop it as well .. The key is tiring it down when you create the manifold .. That way it grows down a little bit then up . that is 3-4 inches off every time and lowryder is really short as is, thus the name lol

9. Would a 150w hps be better suited for this cab instead of the 250w?

10. Are those heights in inches lol ? I'm trying to figure out the minimum grow box height.. My box is 3.5 feet tall and everyone's giving me shit about it I just need to make sure it's possible to get a good harvest out of it before I put a bunch of money in if

11. Yeah they are in inches. From what I've read online, the height shouldn't be a problem if you train them right. The only thing I'm looking at is the lighting.
    Don't know if the 150w hps will be too hot or not. Or whether to try 2 125w cfl

12. I'd run the CFL's in that amount of space. Plus attic. Summer coming up. I think you'd be happy with that IMO.

Good luck