My first real grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by almostgrower, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hey Almost, looking good so far. Welcome to growing. Being a new grower I suggest you purchase a grow book or two. They are invaluable and will contain everything you need to know about growing. From seed to harvest and curing, lighting, soil, methods of growing, indoor and outdoor and they touch on breeding. The more you learn the better your plants will be, any issues you encounter will be easily solved using the knowledge from the books. What spectum are the lights you are currently using, during veg you should use 6500k and flowering uses 2700k. The spectrum will affect how the plant grows. Have you looked into using a T5 fluorescent light fixture? You can get them at a decent price and they would provide plenty of light to your plants. Sure CFLs will work but you need a bunch of them and it would be easier and better to use a t5 setup. You could even get a decent LED setup for not too much. With LED you never have to change a bulb and it's runs cooler and uses less power. They also have better light penetration than t5 and cfls. Be careful with the nutrients. Synthetic bottled nutrients can cause issues with your plants. They contain salts and over time if they are not flushed from the plant and soil they can build up, stunting the plants and possibly kill it. Look into growing using organic methods. It will not only be healthy but the plants grow better and the soil gets better over time. No flushing is done with organics and plants do not become stunted. Remember anything you put into the soil get absorbed by the plant which is stored in the flowers which in turn you smoke and introduce into your body. Good luck and happy farming.

2. Thank for the insight I've read a couple grow books now && have learned pretty much everything Yu just told me I haven ran into any problems yet besides my plant tips growing to the lights && burning I just adjust Yvette lights I just bought some T8 lights && a ballast I just need to get the fixture for it.. I was going to turn my plants over to Hps light && a couple cfls for side lighting. Right now I'm using cfls 6500k 23w each 100w equivalent they put off 1600 lumen each && they've been working great.. but I'll definitely look into the Led lighting tho... here's some pics of my babies from this morning

Attached Files:

3. I'm trying LST on the bushy one or she would be taller than that

4. Save the HPS for flowering. Run the t8 with 6500k bulbs. You shouldn't need the cfl unless you use them for dark spots. 6500k is the key spectrum for vegging. 2700k is for flowering. HPS are flowering MH are for veg. Any cfl or T lights are 6500k and 2700k.

5. Walmart sells garage or shop lights cheap. They use t8 and t12. Don't waste money on T12 bulbs. The fixtures run10 buck each if believe. Get two fixtures and mount them together using wood and then you can raise and lower them as one light. I ended up with 3 fixture before I updated to T5. It worked really well but can get hot without ventilation.

6. Plants seem to be growing just fine. Next time make sure to fill the buckets a bit more. I only leave 1/2-1 inch from the top. The more soil you provide the better it is for the plants. The buckets have drain hole in them I hope. Excess water can cause root rot. I would leave the plant to grow and wait to LST until they are bigger.

7. Looking great man, ive grown succesfully with Cfl's from start to finish just switching from cold to warm bulbs at 12/12 and even mixing a few throughout the grow. I had about 8-12 bulbs towards the end of my flowering cycles to maximize yields and i think i did ok for my first and second try. Now i am stepping up my game and useing high powered LED lights made specifically for growing. If you want to stay on par with the current tempuratures you currently have with Cfl's i highly suggest looking into Led's because your temps wont change much and you wont have to buy a crazy elaborate cooling system. I have a carbon filter with a 4" inline fan coming tomorrow and it will do just fine. Heres a link if you feel like following along. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1361422-growace-270w-led-kit-hydro-dwc-tent-stealth-check-out.html

Happy Growing [​IMG]

8. How they are coming along?