My first real grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by almostgrower, Mar 3, 2015.

1. So I'm a month 31 days in on my First plant a bagseed I had, I Just Transplanted to a new pot she almost got rootbound. There was a Lil ripping of roots but I don't think it was critical.
    I'm 12 days in on my Big Bang Fem , I can't wait til she gets bigger I ripped her root a Lil bit too wen I moved her to her pot she had a lil Browning but she's still growing regularly... I'm feeding them both Flora Nute series, the Lil one a really light dose like 1/8 a mL of each the big one gets 1/2 a mL of each it's working wonderfully .. Any Tips Greatly Accepted...

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. #2 fgj, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Get more light, you said that it is a month old it should be bigger than that

3. Change your CFL's to 55w actuals! Those look way to small to be putting out enough lumens! 

4. #4 Head Chef, Mar 3, 2015
    plant could be bigger but your doing great, maybe get them lights a bit closer but looking awesome!

Don't listen to the guy saying get bigger bulbs. I would pick up a pack of 5 23watters and use them.

More light is better but with CFLs the bigger the bulb the less efficient it's lumens to watt ratio is.

Keep up the good work!

Chef.

• Like Like x 1
  5. There 26w cfl they put out 1600 lumens each && I have about 4 of them on my plant..

6. In a week or so they'll probably explode with growth since they've gotten new homes. Don't worry about your lights keep doin what your doing with being easy on the nutes but you could get away with a slightly heavier dose to make sure they aren't hungry. What spectrum are your lights? Yellow color or blue color? Are you running a fan in their space for cycling fresh air around the leaves? They look really healthy in their color and stalk size tho :D :bongin:

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1352607-1st-grow-on-12-12-from-seed

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yes I have a fan circulating air but it's too big to go in there I'm using daylight spectrum bulbs 6500k 26w cfls.

8. As for the nutes I'm not really sure Wat stage my plants are in I know there vegging but besides that Idk so I'm giving the Lil one 1/2 the dose they say for seedlings && cuttings & the big one 1/2 the dose for mild veg state., where would Yu say my plants are in there life

9. #9 waitwhat..., Mar 3, 2015

Well, it may be more efficient by 2L per Watt, but it is a bit safer to have 2 bulbs rather than 5. Plus the light dispersal radius is greater with larger CFL's. 

EX: I can run 4 plants comfortably under 4 55w cfls, while it would take 10 23w to do the same. Which means more burnouts and more heat. 

**Not trying to start a battle, but it's my 2c and I think I deserve to be heard as well as you buddy! 
    **Edit: Ladies are at 24 days in the photo

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'd say mid veg stage sounds about right but there's gotta be a better term for it. For your little one I would probably go with 1/2 teaspoon and for your bigger one a full teaspoon unless you start to see leaf tips burning then turn it down a little bit. Try and get a personal fan like a desk fan that could fit inside of the grow space, it's more natural for the leaves to feel a constant breeze

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1352607-1st-grow-on-12-12-from-seed

• Like Like x 1
  11. So I only have 2 plants yur saying I would able to grow the under 2 bulbs.?

12. #12 waitwhat..., Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015

You betcha'! 2x55w @ 5000K and your good to go!

At least for veg that is, for flower you will want at least 6000 lumens per plant with 10,000 being desirable. Meaning you would need 2 55w's per plant. 

• Like Like x 2
  13. So an update on my babies it's day 34 I had to look a pics & recalculate.. 😂😂 So I FIM my plant 6 days ago & I started LST 3 days ago she seems to be reacting very Well.. Wat Do Yu Guys Think

Attached Files:

14. Also my baby isn't a baby any more it's day 18 for her she's my Big Bang Fem Seed She's Getting Big I'll Top Her & Start LST soon

Attached Files:

15. They look very nice and healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks I'm doing my best ☺😊

17. Just An Update On My Babies I Topped My Big Bang Fem Yesterday she's 23 days old today she's already starting new growth were I topped her.. I forgot to take pics I add more soon

Attached Files:

18. Looking good. 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Theres only so many 23w bulbs you can fit, eventually you should replace all those with more watts, my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  20. So I made a DIY veg box for my Big Bang Fem while I have my other plant in Flowering.. as for the 23watters they seem to be working wonders for my plants && it's all I have available right now so I decided to use them for the whole veg cycle then switch over to 150w Hps with the company of some Cfls for side lighting

Attached Files: