ROSIN TECH

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ConcentrateCharlie, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Man I tried for my first time last night and failed pretty hard. Saw a couple tiny squirts but got about 0.009 of a gram lol. I used 4.4g of some Mid, to Low mid grade flowers from AZ.

I had my straightener at 360 checking with my IR gun, did about 4 small sized nugs at a time, pressed for 2-4 seconds pretty hard, quicklly pulling the parch paper out sliding the squished buds out. Maybe I just need to figure a little somthing Im doing wrong or maybe just the particular buds? But even then I should have at least gotten a 5% return of what.. (.2)? Trial and error

2. Your not the only one. I've pretty much given up on flower rosin other then for like a party trick or a quick dab. Unless I can figure out a better way. I have little success also, got a lot better when I started pressing with all the pressure I could. But yields just are too shitty. One bud will juice, and another bud the same won't give out nothing. Pisses me off.

3. lower temp need to be around 150 to 200 nad use bud .2 or smaller

4. 150?? When im angry my skin may almost reach that temp lol. Seems a bit low from what Ive read throught this thread and following the actual guy SoilGrown who did this. 300 would be the lower side of the temps to use

5. Yeah 300-325 seems to be the sweet spot.  Try with some different herbs.  Some work better than others.

6. #126 CanadianOrganic, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    I find it doesn't work very well, if at all with mids.
    You need very high quality cannabis.
    Well, I've only tried it with two kinds of lower grade.

7. So I tried it again tonight with a high end quality "J1" Sativa.. Smells beautiful.. Sqeezed maybey 4 grams to get a nice sized dab.. Maybe (.1) or (.2)

Tastyest dab I have tasted since my fresh frozen! Even better. And the color it melts is cool looking

8. http://youtube.com/watch?v=cz7Vm7UGH54&feature=youtu.be

Did it again today. Recorded with my phone

9. Anyone try grinding up bud and using a 25 micron balled up like you would hash? I would try but out of bud at The moment. 😔

Hrrm that could be my problem too. I get some drops on the paper but when I try and collect them they just smear into it and disappear, 

11. Use a ballpoint dabber or the end of a CLEAN meat thermometer. Scrape over your parchment paper. Never had it just "disappear" but it will shatter out and go flying.

12. Has anyone tried freezing their rosin before collecting and putting it all together? I know it seems like an obvious question but doesn't hurt to ask

13. I just scrape it up off my parchment with a pencil dabber and then place all of it on parchment in a pile hold it between fingers and start to push and flatten it out natural heat from you hand will make it melt. I hope this anwsers

I can't read Chinese!!!

14. Moar rosin melts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9PDEcN_3OY

Tried heaps different dabber mate and still no good, think of it as being gold but having the consistency of water. Still think it's the paper.

16. If one of my presses is really sappy because of the strain or I pressed too long/ too hot ill toss the parchment in the mini fridge for 30 seconds

17. soilgrown tried it with small buds grinded to a powder, put it in a 25 micron screen then pressed at 300f for 4-5 seconds.  He got a 7% return on what he would normally have gotten a 12% on, had he not grinded and used the screen.  He didn't have to pick out any bits of tree but flower rosin is easy to remove contaminant from anyway so I wouldn't grind for lower rosin tech.

18. #138 Halfbakedjake, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    See that's weird. Mine are always shattery at first, if press even a second too long, no oil. I can't seem to get a good Rhythm going with flower rosin. It's etheir shitty yields or no oil. I still do it though cuz it just tastes that good. Don't even weigh the buds I use anymore just stack piles of chips lol, until I get that dabbb, then right to the rig it goes.

I'm trying to figure out how to make higher yields Idiot proof lol lots of trial and error and wasted bud, makes me cringe now because I'm dryy for the unforeseen future.

19. #139 RaJay, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    Been at this these passed couple days. Doing this in (.025) incriminates of 2grams total ive gotten 5%-10% . Total today I used 7.25 grams and got .4Rosin return. (4.??% return?) This was all using the same top shelf sativa J1 nugs.

Attached Files:

20. You have to squeeze as hard as you can and it should be pretty hot. When I started I had the heat too low and wasn't squeezing hard enough and got barely any. It's a little bit of trial and error but when you do figure it out its awesome seeing these big puddles of oil.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum