ROSIN TECH

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ConcentrateCharlie, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Damn I just failed miserably.  I couldn't get it to work with fresh frozen or dry flowers.

2. What did you do? I'm pretty sure I used the technique from a video you posted haha. I wish I could give you better advice. 

3. I just remembered I have a small amount of fresh frozen chillin in my freezer too, been in there for months! haha maybe I'll try it out

• Like Like x 1
    Pretty much did what was shown in the vid too.  My wife says it's an old hair straightener it might not get hot enough.

But the buds look kind of toasted so IDK.

5. did you check the surface of the iron with an IR thermometer? those things are so helpful :smoking:

No but I really want to get one.

@soilgrown from IG the guy who started squishing flowers is on hash church right now.  Pretty good stuff.

7. #27 Hated, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    I got 10% yeilds with nice strains, I pressed a .5 for 7 seconds twice set to 320 with a 2 inch ceramic flat iron. Not sure if that display is accurate but what ever temp it was at seemed to work well.

Low grade worked but I would say it was half the yeild.
    Can see oil around the pressed material also so definitely worth vaping.

This is so fun to do by the way.

@Jimmy carter did you get a signifcantly better yeild whith the keif ?

I would have thought you would end up with to much particulate

8. I did to an extent, I'd like to make a vid on it maybe, would be easier to show that way.

Basically when you press the kief you get the nice clear oil around the outsides, a ring of some fullmelt looking stuff with a bit of particulate, and the spent kief in the center. I plop out the pressed kief from the center and then I take a ballpoint dabber and wisk away all the stuff with particulate in it, that all gets set aside to be re-pressed to get the particulate out. When you do it with kief, you can decide it you want it like fullmelt/hash or oil. I honestly dont mind having a little particulate in it, it still hardly leaves any residue on the nail.

I havent tried with any really nice kief though, just some average trim kief lol

9. Success!!!

After watching hash church yesterday and hearing them go very in depth I decided to try again.  I had to play around with temps and timings a bit but it worked nonetheless.  I was successful with both hash and flowers.

Lower temps required for hash.  Did it around approximately 300f

120u pressed
    043.JPG 044.JPG 045.JPG

and here is some mixed no melts that I had to refine about 4 times to get it like this
    052.JPG 053.JPG 057.JPG

and some dried flowers.  I did tiny little snap sized nugs and went approx 325 and pressed for a very short time.  I experimented with different temps and times and it seems as though hotter and quicker is better and if you go cooler for longer the rosin will come out darker.

046.JPG 047.JPG 050.JPG

10. lil baby dab of some kief rosin
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUETb6QtAzY

11. So glad I found this post gonna be pressing some mid grade shake when I get home I have a Casadia maker at my house im gonna try it on that so I can but a good amount on it I will post pics!

uuhh.. quesadilla? lol [​IMG]

13. Hahahaha jimmy either I was very stoned or I'm just a white boy!! Or both hahahaha
    Btw jimmy that dab is rediculas 😝😝

14. Mr Nice Guy did a follow up vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPk6w7ylMq4

15. Quick and easy way to make rosin hair strateners put bud in the parchment paper and press for 3 seconds works well for a few dabs if you don't want a spliff have a dab of rosin out of what ever you have lying origins in bud

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. Decided to bump my temps and use a lot more pressure worked way better at 330 vs 310 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1426819998.228341.jpg

17. now you got it! Gotta press like you're trying to break the thing [​IMG][​IMG]

No way.  Thanks for informing us.  We had no clue. [​IMG]

19. [quote name="D_Urbmon" post="21448868" timestamp="1426859220"]No way. Thanks for informing us. We had no clue. [​IMG][/quote ok clever clogs I fort I was helping didn't really look at the page BEFOR I wrote be sure to do so next time so I ain't mugged lol lemon

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum