ROSIN TECH

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by ConcentrateCharlie, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Im sure some of you have herd about this rosin tech that seems to be all the hype on facebook and instagram.

YOu use a pair of flat iron hair straighteners , piece of parchment paper, and a dank nugget to use heat and pressure to 'steam' extract the essential oils.

Its little just as easy as putting a bud in a folded up piece of parchment paper and squeezing it between the two flat irons for 5-10 seconds on med-low heat

The heat and little moisture  that is in the bud along with the pressure will 'squirt' essential oils out of the nugget and collect on the parchment paper.

@soilgrown on INstagram has the tech peep it out!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hows the taste? I know the old rosin tech using hash tasted terrible.

3. i personally didnt get enough of a yield to even try a dab of it, from what people tell me online tho it still has a good flavor and is smooth

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0XjKOoPO8U

5. Just tried it with some larf from last years garden, got some tasty ass dabs!

6. How much material did you need to get a couple dabs worth? This looks fun to try out.

7. just a couple nugs. I used larf and also just did it with some nugs I pulled out of some old trim, I noticed different amounts of oil from each nug. one nug got me enough for one dab! while another from the same bag barely gave me any.

this is the stuff from the hawaiian larf from my garden
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6CJ9sGcv0Y

9. Good shit jimmy.  I'm tempted to try this with some fresh froze I've had kickin in my freezer for a while.  I wonder if it will work with fresh frozen.

What temp did you use to press it out?

10. I wonder if the moisture from fresh frozen would change how long you press it? I'm going out to our grow house today and want to try it. We have some fresh frozen and we have bins and bins of dry trim. I'm going to try a bit of both to see if there's a difference. 

11. Damn, I been eantung to try this for a week now... ohh heyyy, I got some buds just sitting around I dont smoke really. I need to go get me a hair straightener

12. I honestly dont think fresh frozen would work for this but give it a shot, theres only one way to find out! :bongin:

I started out around 310-315F on medium but also did it on low at around 295F

13. Ok maybe I'll have to try it out today with the fresh frozen, and some dry buds.  Been busy workin hard getting dirty in the garden though.  Maybe tomorrow.

14. Damn my wifes hair straightener is one of them thin ones, I don't know how well it's gonna work.  Anyone using a slim one?

15. the one I've been using is only 1" wide, still works but probably not as easily as a wider one

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. I used a wider one than the one Jimmy used. It was about 2-3 inches wide. 

I didn't play around with it too much, but I did both dry trimmings and fresh frozen. I feel like I got more out of the fresh frozen but I had to obviously press longer and it took a little more toying around with. I was also able to do a second press on the frozen and get a little more out. You pretty much got what you were going to get on the first pressing of dry stuff. 

I noticed that the dry stuff had a slightly better taste but lower yield. Again, didn't do enough of each to say one is better than the other. Not a big difference in yield. Should have took pictures but it was such a pain to get a small amount that I didn't even think to snap a shot.  

• Like Like x 1
  17. you used trim? how did that work out?

18. a little messy. it was basically loose sugar leaf snipped while manicuring buds. I clumped it together in almost gram size chunks. it was sticky enough to work with. I didn't have too much to clean up from the parchment because after pressing it the chunk was pretty much solid.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice I'm glad to hear the fresh frozen works.  I have a small bag sitting in my freezer I had no clue what I was gonna ever do with it.

• Like Like x 1